Ovulation

Discussion in 'Fitness & Pregnancy' started by NCfitnessgirl, May 30, 2006.

1. RuthieJ

RuthieJ New Member

does anyone remember when you would do ANY THING to NOT get pregnant! who knew how complicated it can be!

2. mie08

mie08 New Member

How to use this? I visited your link, I want to track my fertile days

3. Celestial

Celestial Member

Hi! I don't see if anyone hit on this already, but what if you don't have regular periods, or maybe even like ever? Usually after a before a show about a month, I'd lose mine and it would return 6 months after. This year, no show since last Oct and I've used a tampon with out much need maybe twice! Usually I'd call it a "period" if there was any colored show. Any help out there? I eat, REALLY! I DO! I did a vegan diet for about 6 months this year, just for fun/health, and am now more veg. (yes to eggs and ice-cream, oh, I mean dairy, like greek yogurt! lol). And am thinking some fish here and there would be good to.
    Has anybody had this and found they were ovulating, just not having much "period" to deal with ?

4. Celestial

Celestial Member

Conversely, is it possible to have not visible period and still be ovulating?

5. Celestial

Celestial Member

ok, I just found this- does this jive with what you have understood?

Can I ovulate without having a period?
    Since a woman releases an egg 12-16 days before her expected period, it is possible for women to get pregnant without having periods. Women who are not menstruating due to a certain condition (i.e.…low body weight, breastfeeding, perimenopause) risk the chance of ovulating at any point. For those who want to conceive, the lack of periods could make it more difficult to know the timing of ovulation if you are not charting temperature and cervical fluid changes. But if you are not having periods and wanting to prevent pregnancy, a form of contraception should be used since there is no way to know when ovulation will occur.

6. leanfrank

leanfrank New Member

Schedule of fertility depends on the number of days of your cycle. You can also tell that your fertile through the consistency of your discharges.

7. Doyle

Doyle New Member

I think it can be fixed sometimes with Clomid or progesterone. Clomid is a synthetic drug that stimulates the ovaries and progesterone is a naturally occurring hormone in your body. Depends on what your problem is. Sometimes just gaining a little body fat is all you need.