On the list ?????

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by MrsTish, Apr 3, 2012.

1. MrsTish

MrsTish Member

Few things that I have not seen NOR bothered asking; What category are tomatoes under??? Fruit ?

And I've never seen carrotts?? Not fibrous enough and too much sugar ???

I really like the above....but just have not been buying them :(
    thank you in advance !!!

2. Scarl3tbutt3rfly

Scarl3tbutt3rfly Motivated and ready!!

carrots I know are under carbs, not sure about tomatoes, I guess technically they are a fruit, however, they don't have much calories, unless you are using a TON, I probably wouldn't worry about a slice or so, or even a couple of cherry ones. I dunno, just me though. I don't really eat any tomatoes, but I do use a little tomato sauce here and there, I only eat with my fibrous veggie meal and don't worry about it.

3. runn3rgirl

runn3rgirl New Member

Tomatoes are listed on my fibrous vegetable list.

4. Scarl3tbutt3rfly

Scarl3tbutt3rfly Motivated and ready!!

True!!

5. Rachel

Rachel Member

Yes, tomatoes are on the fibrous veggie list. Carrots are on the carb list... yes, more sugar than most fibrous veggies. Just like all the root veggies... potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams, squash etc. Having a couple of baby carrots is okay. Just not too many. I use grape tomatoes in a lot of my foods and I treat them as a fibrous veggie. Hope that helps!

6. MrsTish

MrsTish Member

Thanks guys...I've been on plan for awhile and know that the list that E send is not the complete....but my list was from Illeen and I never saw tomatoes....SO I'm going and buying me some ! NOm nom!

Thanks!!!