Oatmeal/pp & oatmeal/egg white recipes

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Blondie03, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Blondie03

Blondie03 Member

How do you guys eat your oatmeal/pp concoction and/or oatmeal/egg whites ?? Any fun on plan recipes???

2. Neely

Neely lolz

I've never gotten the oats and PP to work out for me.

But I do egg whites in my oats every morning. The way I do it, I just cook it all together. I put a spritz of Pam in a bowl, put in 6 egg whites, and about 1/4 cup of water. Mix up the egg whites and water, then pour in 1/2 cup of raw oats. Microwave, stirring about every minute (so the egg whites don't get all rubbery).

Or, you can scramble up the egg whites in a pan and then just mix them into your cooked oats. I just do it all together because it's quicker and there's less dishes to clean up :lol:

3. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

:yeahthat: I never made the pp tasst good. I would drink the shake separate. I'm going to work on it and I'll post that for sure.

4. Blondie03

Blondie03 Member

For the oat/pp mix, i just take the raw oats, mix in the water with the pp and throw in the microwave for about 2 minutes

just stumped for some other ideas...

5. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

6. Erik

Erik Admin

Pancakes!

For me

40g oatmeal
    3/4 cup egg whites (6)
    1 scoop Strawberry whey protein
    60g cottage cheese

Blend and cook - I get like 7 out of this. :woohoo:

7. pixie

pixie Well-Known Member

Oatmeal and eggs are my favorite meal. :cheat:

I mix them up in a tupperware and put them in the fridge, because I pack all my food the night before, and microwave them the next morning. Just stir every 45 sec to a minute to keep the eggs from getting overdone.

Now when I don't have to pack this meal to go, I mix everything up and make little pancakes in a frying pan sprayed with some Pam.

I don't like protein powder hot, it tastes repulsive to me.

8. Blondie03

Blondie03 Member

Good idea! Wonder if they'd work without the cottage cheese to use in Meal 1???

9. Erik

Erik Admin

Most certainly.

10. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

i just whip my eggwhites, stir in oats, cin and blueberries. Nuts are yum in there too if you can alot them macros/cals. cook in a nonstick pan.

11. cwinkelman

cwinkelman New Member

Cooking oats IN your eggwhites?? Interesting idea. I've always eaten them separately. :)

12. runningjoy

runningjoy Member

thats how i make mine too! afterwards i mis in my blueberries...pour on my coconut milk and sprinkle on some cinnamon...mmm

13. Amber.nicole

Amber.nicole Member

I throw my oats, egg whites, fruit, and a few grams of sugar free jello mix into my magic bullet blender and drink it.

14. simba zee

simba zee New Member

also.. overnight oats

I have been experimenting with oatmeal protein powder...tried using egg whites but need to work on it more. Anyway..I measure out regular amt oatmeal and water ..1/2 c oats,1 c water..toss in 1Tablespoon of cocoa powder. ..splash of almond and or coconut extract. cook the oatmeal then stir in either 1/2 scoop or full scoop of powder. I add a splash of coconut milk if it seems too thick. I also like to maybe toss in a bit of unsw shredded coconut. Been doing a lot of coconut stuff because I was told mcfa is better for me without having a gallbladder. I also tried overnight oats once..throwing a bunch of stuff in a container and letting it soak in. Seen lots of recipes online...but it just tasted weird cold..still had to warm it up

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  15. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

:bump:

16. Amy1984

Amy1984 Member

Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffin :)

After reading other threads yesterday, I put together my own recipe based on ideas from other posts, and I gave pumpkin oatmeal muffins a try that fit my macros for Meal 1. 40g oatmeal, 2 eggs + 2 egg whites, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 88g canned pumpkin (in replace of my 1/2 fruit serving which is typically blueberries), a splash of water (maybe 1/8 cup) and cinnamon and splenda to taste. I mixed it all together and poured into 6 muffin tins and baked for 23 minutes at 350. They actually turned out perfect and they tasted awesome! I'm going to try making the same thing with my 4 egg whites on my non-rest meal 1 days.

I'll post how that turns out but I'm assuming it will be about the same.

17. Momof5

Momof5 New Member

1 egg
    1/2 cup whites
    40 g oats
    17 g cinnabon or vanilla protein powder ( can omit this if u want)
    2 pkts truvia
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    Mix and put in 8 or 9" cake pan sprayed with pam
    Top with strawberries or blueberries
    Bake 350 - 20 mins
    Yummy!

18. goodnessginger

goodnessginger New Member

I love my oats and egg whites. This is what I do...it's so very good!

- 35 g of oats
    - 1 cup of water
    - 4 blended egg whites
    - stir above together in an oven proof bowl - add stevia, cinnamon, 1 t of baking powder, some nutmeg. Sometimes I will use calorie free, sugar free high concentration flavor drops (apple pie flavor is great).
    - bake in oven at 350 for 35 min
    - wait one night and eat in the morning for a GOOEY, OOEY custardy mess.

Last night I tried adding 1 serving of apple to the mix and it came out okay - not exactly what I was looking for. Tastes better just topping the warmed oats in the morning with chopped apple and blueberries!

19. KellyK

KellyK New Member

I've started baking my oatmeal and egg whites. Delish!

20. Ange

Ange Member

Check out Amy's Silver Dollar Pancakes in the recipe section! I tried them this weekend and they are awesome! She also highlights that you also get 30g of oatmeal plus berries (depending what your plan allows), so its a TON of food if you are a volume type of person! More is always better in my eyes...and in my belly :D
    I cant say I have tried a recipe with just EW and Oats though