noob nutrition help

Discussion in 'Beginner Training & Nutrition' started by marshamarshamarsha, Apr 22, 2015.

1. marshamarshamarsha

marshamarshamarsha New Member

Let me give a little background. Im 39 and turn 40 this july. I have been lchf/keto for 2 years under 20 carbs per day and low carb for an additional 4 years prior. Total 6 years low carb. I lost 130#the first year doing low carb and have stayed in maintenance ever since. Just this year I decided to lose the last of the 30#. I just started a 12 week program with strong curves. My main focus is fat/weight loss, but seem to be struggling with any weight loss. I currently eat around 10 carbs a day, 80 to 100 grams protein, 100grams fat, average 1400 calories on non workout days and up to 1600 on workout days. Im about 39 to 40% bf, im 5 feet 4 and weigh in at 160#. I will add that ive been recycling the same 10 pounds for 6 months, if that matters. Once I get my bf down I intend to build muscle. Can someone direct me in the right path on my nutrition l
    Please to lose fat?? Thank you!

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  3. marshamarshamarsha

marshamarshamarsha New Member

Thanks inatic.
    Based on this information, I need to increase my calories some and up my protien some as well. Fill in the rest with fat and carbs. I'll give it a try for two weeks as it suggested and go from there.

4. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Your welcome.

If you have been dieting for a long while you might want to take some time at maintenance before hitting any more deficits. Since you are going to increase calories, go up some at time, and then again.

You might find the scale goes a bit crazy on you. Don't let that freak you out.