No period

Discussion in 'Fitness & Pregnancy' started by fit'n'healthy, Oct 25, 2006.

1. fit'n'healthy

fit'n'healthy Senior Member

Sooo..I am almost 3 weeks late with my period. I have taken 4 pg tests, the lastest one this morning and they all show up negative, so I think I can rule out being pg. I was wondering what else could cause a late/missed period? I was 2 weeks late last month and attributed that to the prednisone I was on for 2 weeks the month before since my doc said it could cause me not to ovulate or ovulate late. But this month, I'm not sure what is going on. Could it be still from the prednisone knocking my cycle off track and its just not back to where it needs to be yet? Of course I'm kind of freaking out bc my periods have been pretty regular the 4 months before that when I started tracking them. And we want to TTC in May, so I'm starting to worry about not being able to have a baby...

I went to my gyno about 2 months ago and everything was fine. :confused: :confused:

2. homeschoolmom

homeschoolmom Well-Known Member

I'm thinking it's probably just the steroids you were on. I was on Medrol(another steroid) for my shoulder last month and it totally threw everything off track. Unfortunately, as beneficial as they can be, steroids can really mess up menstrual cycles. If I were you I'd give it another month or so to straighten out and then if it's still out of whack, call your gyn. JMHO.

3. fit'n'healthy

I am officially 3 weeks late today. No cramps, no nothing when it comes to signs of my period. :(

4. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

There was a time or two way back when, my body didnt ovulate or something. Dr game me some Provera and brought on my cycle after they confirmed that i wasnt pregnant.

5. GraceGirl

GraceGirl His Beautiful Paradox

I've only had two periods the entire year, and the first couple I missed, I probably took 20 HPT's, but nothing but negatives!! How intense are your workouts? Are you eating enough to compensate for those workouts? How lean are you? These are all factors that can effect your period. Your body has a mechanism where it shuts down the nonessential systems of the body when it's not getting what it needs.

For me, my exercise was incredibly intense, I probably wasn't eating enough, and I was quite lean. I started eating more and put on 10 pounds, and voila! My periods began to appear again! In fact, two cycles, and then baby!!

(It could also very well be the drugs or other medical conditions...or you could just be skipping a period. It is not uncommon for women to miss a period or two in their lives for really no defined reason at all. Your best bet is, if you miss more than 2-3, to ask your doctor.)

6. fit'n'healthy

Hmm...I wish it was a leanness problem...:lol3: But I'm sure its not. And I haven't been exercising super intensley in the last few weeks, more moderate exercise. My diet hasn't changed much, either. I'm not sure what is going on, but I hope it gets straightened out soon. I never thought I would be so eager to get my damn period!!!!!

7. fit'n'healthy

I finally got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_dance: :yippee: :yahoo: :woohoo:

On day 83! But its right when it should have been if I had had regular cycles up until now. So I'm glad. Now I hope I'm regular until we TTC in a few months!!!!

oh, and if it lasts for only a couple of days, I still count it, right??

8. MicheleSC

MicheleSC Currently doing nothing

Yes!

9. fit'n'healthy

Yay!!!!!!!

10. Ana

Ana Think back...Move forward

I haven't gotten mine in like 2mths and I know i'm not pregnant.
    I haven't been this lean in a while so I'm wondering about that. I just went to my annual check up but didn't mention it because I hadn't noticed. My check up ws fine.
    Is this a bad thing, because i'm not even close to being done leaning out and I don't want to gain my weight back :(