No 1 pc in the NPC next season

Discussion in 'Competitors Corner' started by Erik, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Erik

Erik Admin

From www.hardbody.com:

If you’ve been thinking about what ask Santa for Christmas this year, one thing you can leave off is a one-piece suit. The official word will be handed down after the NPC Nationals in Atlanta but I’ve confirmed today that it is in fact OUT of Fitness AND Figure in the NPC ranks. The one piece will remain in IFBB competitions.

The NPC office has received many complaints regarding the cost of competitions and in particular the price tag attached to being required to buy two posing suits. Suits range from a couple hundred into the thousands, especially the one-piece suits. That’s not to say it’s the sole reason for the one-piece being nixed from competitions but it the front office did listen to the athletes voice on this matter.

2. SBT

SBT Ready to get back to it!!!

Wow!!! Good to know its finally getting set in stone instead of just word on the street lol

3. bree marsh

bree marsh Member

4. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

:blink: I have a brand new 1 peice on order. :lol:

Guess I'd better make changes NOW!

Thanks for this, Erik.

5. ned31333

ned31333 Member

Oh man!!! I bought Anca's one piece last year and couldn't wait to wear it!

I think it is a good idea though because of cost, BUT, it will mean even less time on stage. After doing bodybuilding first and then figure, my friends and family were like, Is that IT? For me it's all about the time I put into preparing for the show, but they enjoyed watching me perform. Maybe I'll try fitness this year at one show!

6. Anca

Anca Well-Known Member

Yeah and I bought a new one that I really love! :mecry:

7. WannaGetLean

WannaGetLean Time to get Shredded :)

Good to know! Bummer for those who already bought one..maybe....if you really want to wear it you could wear it to shows outside of NPC :D..problem solved :);)

8. Anca

Anca Well-Known Member

I think the NPC has a rule saying that you're not supposed to compete with another federation if you're an NPC member? I may be wrong though.
    I don't even know of any other federations here in So Cal (that have more than 1 show/year, that is). The NPC pretty much rules down here.

9. BigA

BigA Member

I think this depends on how good you are and how much the federation knows about you. If it is your first show, and you want to do others, then go for it. They are not paying your bills so compete with whomever. But if you have goals of turning pro (say IFBB) or want to move up in the ranks, I would say stick with one federation.

I know many girls who jump from federation to federation (even in So Cal) and really don't get penalized for it.

A.

10. patriciaann

patriciaann Active Member

Too funny! In the INBF you only wear a two-piece no one wears a one piece. In the last NPC in which I participated as a novice I only got to wear my two-piece so this year I didn't get to wear my beautiful one-piece - sad - and now it looks like I won't get to wear my one-piece next year either :(

11. Anca

Anca Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! ;) I have no aspirations of turning Pro- maybe I'll see what other federations have shows in So Cal next year. I'm really used to the NPC though...

12. BigAmes

BigAmes Well-Known Member

I think this is awesome. More money to spend on my 2 piece. heehee.

13. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

:lol: so what are we to do with all the one pc's now?

14. FireLily0

FireLily0 New Member

I am kinda sad about this because I had this really beautiful one designed out, thankfully I did not purchase it yet. Its nice because it saves me money, but darn it, I wanted to strut my stuff in 2 swimsuits! :lol:

15. choop18

choop18 Member

Hello All...If you have suit that you want to get rid of please let me know. I will be competing fitness so I will still need a one piece. I am 5'1" smal chest but have spot for inserts. Please let me know... Or if you really want to wear that one piece you can always compete fitness:finger4:

16. Anca

Anca Well-Known Member

I just put both of my suits up for sale on Oxygenmag. I'm a tad taller though. That's a good thread to bookmark- I'm sure there will be lots of 1 pc's for sale soon.
    http://www.oxygenmag.net/showthread.php?p=1660058#post1660058

17. fluteangel

fluteangel Well-Known Member

I have mine up for sale on 02 and on diva exchange. It would probably fit you perfectly. I'm 5'3" and it's a little short on me. And I have a small chest too, so the pads that come with it make it fit perfectly.http://www.oxygenmag.net/showthread.php?t=35954&page=12

Here are pictures of it: http://www.hardfitness.com/competiti...ece/index.html

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=browse&id=17114&eventcode=1276