New to this forum and competing!

Discussion in 'Competitors Corner' started by kirstny, Jun 14, 2008.

1. kirstny

kirstny Well-Known Member

:p

I just figured I'd introduce myself, since I'm sure you'll soon see me posting TONS of questions! :D

In a fit of either genius or insanity, I decided that I would compete! Ack! I'm 33 years old and I'm a personal trainer. I've been lifting since I was 18 or younger, but I've never had a GOAL.

For the last 2 years, I've been dealing with a back issue and it's FINALLY been diagnosed (scheuermann's disease). This condition means: no running, plyos, etc. Which is fine by me! I've always preferred lifting.

I've considered competing in the past, but never thought I had the discipline to succeed at the diet. I'm hoping I do now!

I have a trainer and I've been training with him for the past month. He's trained guys for comps, but never a female.

I'm planning on doing the Oct. 18th all natural show in Elk River, MN. I figured an all natural show was a good place to start. Right now, I'm not sure if I'll be doing figure or body building. We're just going to see where my diet takes me.. I prefer the look of figure, but body building (hamming it up with poses to music) just looks like a lot more fun!

If I feel good/look good, I may even do the NPC Northstar show on Nov. 3rd as well.

Wow, super long first post!
    :icanthearyou::p

Thanks!
    K.

• Like Like x 1
  2. pep

pep Active Member

Hello and welcome! Best wishes for your competition!! I'll be excited to follow your progress.

3. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

Welcome 2 LBF! :wave:

Best of luck w/ your goals! :clap:

4. jills

jills Make yourself strong

:love:

5. Mols

Mols My BFF

Welcome and best wishes! Do you live in MN? I do!

6. Erik

Erik Admin

Welcome Kirstny. Good luck with your prep!

Ask away.

7. mcv

mcv Blissfully Maintaining

Hey there!! Hope this doesn't sound "stalker-ish" :lol: but you posted on Shape before right? I think I have read some of your posts.

Welcome!!

8. kirstny

Ha ha, not stalkerish at all....
    I've been on shape for almost 4 years!:oops:

What's your shape name?

And thanks for all the warm welcomes!
    :love:

9. RpH

RpH I'm actually educated

Got to watch Molly. On Shape, she goes by Stalkermcv.

10. mcv

mcv Blissfully Maintaining

I don't post there, but I read ever now and again.
    MATT! :pimpslap: Don't give away my true tendencies!!!

11. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Welcome!

12. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Welcome!!! :hi: you will find so much support here! Keep us updated on your progress! Wishing you the best with your prep!

13. wannabelean

wannabelean Active Member

Nice to have you! Great group of people belong to this board. They were tons of help and support during my competition.

14. Anca

Anca Well-Known Member

Welcome to the LBF! Lots of great advice here from competitors and non-competitors alike. The journals are fun to follow too. ;)

15. choop18

choop18 Member

Welcome K. Ask any questions you need to...:yayconfetti: I might be in the North Star...

16. kirstny

Cool! Have you competed before?

I'm actually now planning on doing the Oct. 18th show, since it's an all natural show. Figure that's a good place to start...?

I'm wondering about tattoos--I have 3 (one on right shoulder blade, one on right lower back, one on lower abdomen). Should I cover them for the show?

And thanks for all the welcomes and support!

17. Meechel

Meechel Enjoying the summer!

I would say cover them up....Neely and I went to a show (I am sure she will pop in) and the one girl did ok but her tattoos were distracting to me.

18. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

if they are really big you can cover them up with Dermablend http://www.dermablend.com/applicationtechnique3.aspx

I have one on the small right side of my back and have never covered it or been told by a judge it needed to be. The tanning stuff tends to fad it out too. I'd say though since one is on the lower abs and shoulder blade- I'd cover those.

19. kirstny

Yup, and... you look familiar?
    :shrug:

20. kirstny

Thanks, I guess I will cover them... boo..
    :lol: