New ideas recipe thread for on plan meals

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by donnajo, May 22, 2007.

1. tellybelle

tellybelle Member

I'd like to know this too. What options are acceptable to use. I just realized balsamic vinegar is NOT! ooops I used it on a salad today :(((

Is 99% fat free chicken broth ok to use to coat the bottom of the pan for chicken/fish to cook in?
    Any suggestions are appreciated!

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

balsamic vinegar is fine! and so is broth. They are condiments.. used in moderation.

3. Inatic

I had Chicken, red(white rice) and black beans YUM!

4. tellybelle

tellybelle Member

Awesome!!! That's great to hear!

5. Breezy

Breezy Member

:bannana: YAY!!! I love my hot sauce, mustard, a little balsamic, salsa, etc. etc. So, NOW my question (a little nit-picky, I know, sorry!) is what is 'moderation' to you ladies? Is a little mustard or vinegar or salsa, etc. (1-2 T) ok with each meal, or should I be doing some meals more plain? To me a little salsa can go a loooooooong way in helping a meal, but I don't wanna be over-doing it...I often think to myself, "tighter diet = tighter body," but the flavor helps so much! How much condiments do you ladies use in total for the day? Thanks!

6. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

Linda Salad Wraps

My new favorite recipe, Linda Salad Wraps. Thanks to my hero, the incomparable Linda Lloyd.

Subs for my meal that consists of chicken breast, avocado, and fibrous veggies.

1. Dice raw red bell pepper, celery, zucchini and any other veggies you like, according to your on-plan amount.
    2. Mix in your serving of diced chicken breast and avocado.
    3. Toss in a vinaigrette made from Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar and 1 packet of Stevia. I like a good tangy dressing, so I mixed about 1 tsp Dijon mustard, to 2 tbsp vinegar.

Wrap in 3-4 large romaine lettuce leaves, and NOM! A lot of taste, and volume! You could even make it a day before, as the acid helps keeps the avocado green.

Thanks LL! Enjoy!

7. tellybelle

tellybelle Member

Yummy!!! I don't have fibrous veggies in my plan but I love lettuce wraps!!!

8. Inatic

I saw that on FB... looked yummy!

I usually make tacos with lettuce wraps or as a salad.

9. cooksfitness

cooksfitness New Member

Wow, this sounds amazing!! I think I'm going to try it tomorrow morning. I'm always looking for new meal ideas!

10. jamistar77

jamistar77 Well-Known Member

Doing this toninght! Great idea!! I get ground 96% lean beef, cheese and a serving of veggies :)

11. ErinS

ErinS Member

I love using a curry powder blend when cooking up my ground turkey. Lots of curry flavor without the fat and calories of the curry sauce. It is great with sweet potatoes or you can add a quick stir fry of mixed veggies.

12. theANNAmal

theANNAmal Member

Why no balsamic?

13. Inatic

in the thread its states, and I'll restate, balsamic and any other vinegar is fine.

14. Emma

Emma Member

I like to pound my chicken breasts with a rolling pin so they cook quicker (put the chicken between plastic wrap), I sprinkle some dukkha on them first, gives them a bit of a flavour boost & the pounding makes sure it sticks.

For tuna some Cajun dry spice rub before grilling for a kick.

For my sweet potato I usually spray them with a little olive oil and toss through with a Moroccan seasoning.

15. theANNAmal

theANNAmal Member

Oh okay, just wasn't sure

16. theANNAmal

theANNAmal Member

If you're allowed starchy carbs at this meal you can also sub oats for bread crumbs. A little bit goes a long way, so you can most likely still have your rice/sweet potatoes/etc. on the side! (reduced portions obviously)

17. myprieto

myprieto New Member

On plan Banana pancakes & strawberry oats

M1 calls for 40g oats, 103g ew, 1 egg, 1 serving fruit. I did use 1/4 cup unsweetened from my M3 & 5g Banana Trutein also coming from M3.

Measure out 30g oats & pour in bowl.
    Measure egg whites, add egg, add remaining 10g oats to another bowl or measuring cup.
    Measure out 46g banana, smash w/ fork & add to egg mixture
    Add 1/2 tsp baking powder, dash cinnamon, 5g trutein to egg mixture, mix with fork.
    Heat skillet on medium heat, Pour mixture let cook & flip to cook other side.
    I usually get 4 pancakes from it or you can make 1-2 big pancakes. Top w/ butter spray & WF calorie free syrup

Oatmeal
    Add water & 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk to oats w/ cinnamon. Let oats soak.
    Measure out 63g fresh strawberries, chopped, & add to oats.
    Cook in microwave until cooked. Add Stevia & top with WF calorie free strawberry syrup

Very filling & satisfying!!!
    Macros: 367 cals, 8g fat, 45g carbs, 28g protein

18. Emma

Emma Member

For anyone who has oats for breakfast and is making muffins or pancakes try soaking your oats overnight in cold water or chai tea. The oats more than double in size, it makes for a lovely soft more pancakey texture and I am getting up to 10 medium pancakes out of this if I whip my egg whites up.

It also gives you more muffins with a nice soft soufflé like texture.

My oat mixture is 280gm oats
    3.5 tsp each of baking powder, xantham gum and mixed spice
    Big pinch of salt

Whizz up, weigh and divine into 7 zip lock bags for a weeks worth of oats.

19. Inatic

how much water are you using to soak Emma? Do you keep that water or get rid of it?

20. Amy1984

Amy1984 Member

I have found that even just soaking the oats in your egg whites for a few hours does the trick! Sometimes before bed I'll mix together my oats and egg whites, seal container and leave in fridge over night and make my pancakes the next morning. And it does make it more voluminous!