Need Sugestions

Discussion in 'Mindless Banter' started by Showtime, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Showtime

Showtime Member

My sister is getting married this weekend so needless to say there is going to be food everywhere, lots of drinking and I don't think any of it is going to be clean.

The worst part about it all is this is my first week working with Thunder and I've been basically 99.9% perfect with my diet (except for that extra rice cake I ate yesterday because it just looked so lonely).

I have a Rehearsal Dinner today. I'm planning on going to the gym first and then heading to this Rehearsal. That's with close family so it will be easier to excuse myself from alot of it.

Family Dinner Friday. With not my side of the family so I don't know how I'm going to manage through that.

Wedding on Saturday

Family Brunch on Sunday.

So that basically means there is going to be one meal a day from today to Monday that I won't be preparing myself. I know its about portion size but Does anyone have an experience with this type of situation while trying to stay 100% focused on your goals?

What about drinking? ....Fresca & gin? or Vodka?

Thanks team!

2. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

Just say No

3. magdalynaa

magdalynaa Jabber Jaws

I would argue that "100% focused on your goals" means no liquor.

4. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Staying within your projected caloric totals is key. Just make sure your meals outside of the "bad" meals are lower than normal in terms of calories. This gives you some wiggle room with the "bad" meals.

5. Blondell

He's w/ Erik. I doubt that's a good idea considering the way he has things set up. JMO :shrug:

6. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

I realize you have to stick to your guns to achive your goals, but when your dealing with family and stuff, sometimes there has to be a compromise somewhere in the middle.

7. Blondell

:blink: Screw family!! :eek:verhere:

"Family" isn't gonna hafta deal w/ the consequences; he is. :lol:

8. Showtime

Showtime Member

I actually really like this suggestion. So you think if I drop my portion size's a small amount on my set meals when I "eye ball" my meals during dinner it might make the 'bad' meal not as bad.

Should be interesting.

9. Showtime

Showtime Member

I agree! My sister is not going to be happy with me :(

10. Showtime

Showtime Member

Thanks for all the input.

11. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Again, I think as long as he satifies his caloric requirements, he's all good. Lets not get into the whole clean food dogma... :p

12. Blondell

I'm in comp prep. If I hafta be good; everyone should hafta be good!! :taz: :lol3:

13. magdalynaa

magdalynaa Jabber Jaws

LOL

My friends and family think it's awesome when I don't drink. They don't have to put plastic over the furniture or hide the kids.

14. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Good = meeting your caloric totals

:)

15. Blondell

16. Showtime

Showtime Member

THe only thing that will be hard to do is 'eye ball' the portions.

17. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Is your goal fat loss?

18. Showtime

Showtime Member

Goal....i'm not exactly sure.....Thunder just set me up, my goal is to look like vince diesel :)~

19. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Well lets see what he has to say.

If it was fat loss for example, and your goal was to hit a caloric defict, I was gonna say keep the measurable meals lower than normal, so that you'd be certain that even by eyeballing the "bad" meal portions, you'd still be at or under your goal...

20. DianeD

DianeD Getting My MoJo Back!

Start from scratch on Monday:p