Need ideas

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by OneMadMonkey, Jan 22, 2014.

1. OneMadMonkey

OneMadMonkey Well-Known Member

I'm being forced against my will to work parade duty this weekend. I will be standing on a post from 7am to about 8 or 9 pm. I can't bring my cooler with me, but we are allowed to bring snacks in our pockets or in a small plastic grocery bag. Any recommendations on what to bring so I can eat somewhat on plan? I can do anything that doesn't need to be reheated or kept cold. The only other option is carnival vendors who sell funnel cakes and such.

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

pouches or tins of tuna, chicken etc
    jerky (beef, chicken or turkey
    rice cakes/ Suzie's corn quinoa and br rice cakes are really nice and crunchy (whole foods has them)
    bread
    fruit
    almonds/nuts

will keep thinking.
    quest bars

3. OneMadMonkey

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I'm going to the store Friday so I can stock up on some stuff. I feel so out of my element on days like this. I'm a girl of habit. I like things to flow a certain way. This parade stuff is messing with my flow.

4. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

This is a lifestyle. Just go with the flow and take the stress out. You'll be fine. :)

5. Arajkowski

Arajkowski Active Member

This statement!!! *preach* this is great!

6. Amy1984

Amy1984 Member

You could bake some egg white, oatmeal muffins. I can eat those cold.

Even hard boiled eggs in a baggy.

Or Ground Turkey mini-patties. I put celery in them too. I like them better warm but I've eaten them cold in a movie theater and didn't mind.

7. OneMadMonkey

Anything I bring has to be able to sit out for up to 16 hours without spoiling.

8. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

Wow! That's a looong day!!
    :whipped: