Menopause help

Discussion in 'Health & Beauty' started by 3sweeties, Dec 26, 2014.

1. 3sweeties

3sweeties Well-Known Member

I think it has hit...:sadface: The last three months have been awful. I wake up hot at night, I don't sleep, I feel like I've gotten weak, and I just don't feel like myself. I was reading that eating soy products can help with some of the symptoms. The little bit I've been reading I'm not sure if the evidence for soy is conclusive. My eating habits have also deteriorated. Starting today, I'm going to be eating back on plan. I think that should help. It has been hard to keep up in the gym when I don't sleep. I feel like I'm not recovering in between workouts. :yell: HELP

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Do not use soy. It binds thyroid hormones.

You need to find a dr who specializes in bioidentical hormone replacement. Let the runt tests, along with symptoms and then you can come up with a plan. Often at the phase in life one is very deficient in progesterone and the ratio to estrogen is off.

Look up/find compounding pharmacies in your area and get some recommendations from them.

3. 3sweeties

3sweeties Well-Known Member

Thanks Ileen! I thought someone on this board had done research on soy. I'm getting a physical in February, I should pry talk to my doctor then. I was hoping not to take any hormone. The hot flashes aren't so bad but the not sleeping is killing me.