Measuring all your food and long term goals

Discussion in 'Beginner Training & Nutrition' started by bronx, Jul 30, 2014.

1. bronx

bronx New Member

Hey All,

What is everyone's take on measuring all your food? Crazy? Not crazy? Normal depending on goals or competing?

I measure everything. Just started about 5-6 weeks ago and have never felt better.

But after reading a Eriks post it seems I may actually be in a "diet prison"

But as LBC preaches/teachs, its about your attitudes and habits towards food etc...how do you go from measuring to non measuring and keep the same physique and over all feeling of feeling good (no bloating, bathroom breaks etc...)

Does everyone that works with LBC measure?

Thanks for everyone's opinion and advice in advance.

2. cdnmom2girls

cdnmom2girls Member

Yes, everyone who works with LBC/CWT weighs every single thing they eat, except for free meals (if they're on your plan.)

3. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

As a client yes, they do weigh and measure their food.

If you have concrete goals then you will likely have to do so, at least for a short while. In time you can use eye hand or a spoon of this and a spoon of that and watch how you maintain. In between you just enjoy life, breaks, parties etc and then continue on. Really just depends on your goals.

4. lizziann

lizziann New Member

I am contemplating signing up for LBC and from what I have read I won't be disappointed. I have been doing the 5x5 and lifting heavy and minimal cardio. I am 39 and I used the TDEE calculator and I am also 189 and for calories I am supposed to be eating about 1800 calories. I fee like my pants my be a bit snug. I have big legs. I feel like I am or can build muscle quicky. Could this be to many calories? Do you have a hard time getting all your calories in? I get a bit overwhelmed when it comes to thinking about the food aspect because I have been in a dieting mode most of my adult life. This past year I lost 25 pounds with weight watchers. Help and advice?

5. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

How many calories were you eating?

Did you raise your calories from what you'd been eating to go up to 1800?
    how tall are you?
    You used body wt x 10 and you are gaining?