Measurements

Discussion in 'Fitness & Pregnancy' started by Calee, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Calee

Calee New Member

I"m wanting to know if y'all's hips are the same size after delivering children. I keep hearing conflicting info about pubic symphysis, relaxin allowing hips to stay spread apart, etc. I wish now I would have taken measurements before I got pregnant to compare. Also, I wonder if having c-sections vs. vaginal deliveries would contribute to a permanent change.
    I had my little girl two years ago. I'm back to pre-baby weight, loose skin has tightened up, belly is flat again, etc., but some of my "skinnier" pants are hard to squeeze past my hips. Also, could having multiple pregnancies have anything to do with it? This was my first baby and don't want her to be an only child, so I'm going to do it at least one more time to give her a sibling someday... Any thoughts and/or experiences?

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

would have been interesting for me to compare!

I've had 5 (boys!) and no 'measurement' to compare to. My hips get pretty small though 32ish when Im at my leanest.

3. bcmom

bcmom Member

Well, I had a c-section and then a vaginal birth. I also had pubic symphysis with my 2nd, which I felt for a good 8 months post-partum (partly because I trained for a marathon soon after my 2nd birth and ran the marathon 6 months post-partum - too soon). I have very narrow hips to begin with and no changes to that afer pregnancy. I suppose it could be the case for you, but do you still have pubic symphysis pain? After running that marathon I saw an excellent massage therapist who did a lot of structural alignment work to fix that for me.

4. Calee

Calee New Member

Thank you bcmom! I still have pubic symphysis pain very occasionally, but have told myself it's something else; after all, it's been almost 2.5 years since giving birth. Could I really still feel that this long after delivery? Good to hear about massage therapy, maybe that is something I could look into. Anything in particular I should ask for that helped you?

5. MrsTish

MrsTish Member

I am by no means ...skinny or super small boned. Right now...my hips are actually the same size ...maybe a half size smaller. I;ve had 2 kids....one small...preemie size 4lb and my youngest was a huge(for me ) 8lbs 12oz. I had vaginal births for both. The second time it took longer to come off...but i gained under 35 lbs. Took me a good 15 months with the second one to get where I felt I was where I started.....I was also 36 when I had my last....???

6. Calee

Calee New Member

MrsTish, thanks for the reply. It's encouraging to hear you don't have any permanent change even with a bigger baby the second time!

7. jackie101

jackie101 New Member

I have 4 children and my hips have stayed the same. I c-section and 2 vaginal (I have twins)

8. henry1980

henry1980 New Member

Wow jackie..that is very envious to know that you are in shape still..What is the best tips you can share?