Macronutrient Percentages - Who Cares?

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by The13ig13adWolf, May 2, 2006.

1. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

there are a few threads on starting very over wt.
    let me see if i can find them.

2. Rachel

Rachel Member

Thanks Ileen! :)

3. skinny1

skinny1 New Member

Hi Erik,
    Is there a formular for someone that wants to lean a but more about 5% bodyfat 5'3" 108lbs 95 lbs lean body mass but also wants to grow I know simultaneously its not possible but I want to grow and keep my bodyfat low especially in the mid section.
    I have heard .4grams per pound. I did see your post above but didn't understand it. What about a formular for carbs?
    Thanks

4. Inatic

5% ? not very likely but really no one cares about what your bf is. Its a look.

you arent going to build muscle without feeding those efforts . As Abel says 'you cant sculpt a statue out of a peeble' you need to eat to grow and gaining some bf comes with that.

5. skinny1

skinny1 New Member

What is your suggestion on fat grams per day on low carb and high carb days? It doesn't cover it in the article it just mentions to adjust. What formular do you suggest?

6. jeanncrowe

jeanncrowe New Member

what would be the suggestion for protein intake for someone who is 127lbs, 5'6", approximately 15% bodyfat, 38 years old?

7. Inatic

8. Cassandra

Cassandra New Member

Ugh - I'm feeling really lost in my plan right now... I recently had a baby (well 8 months ago) and decided to do a mini cut (drop calories for 2 weeks then add them back just below what I had them before) basically it was a waste of time because my natzi bf insisted I do a refeed which I felt was to soon... I went from 129 to 124 in 3 weeks. Nazi bf (bodybuilder lol) thought I should add my calories back 35 cal a days. Needless to say, 1 week after all this fun, I am up to 127. Where do I go from here???? Should I just go to maintenance for a bit or try this calorie cut again.... Sorry for being super naive. Thx

9. Arajkowski

Arajkowski Active Member

Others can chime in but I'm wondering how drastically you cut your calories in the first place? I'm curious why you were only going to do it for 2 weeks also?

10. Inatic

i believe from another thread she was going to stop listening to bf and get back to maintenance.

11. Arajkowski

Arajkowski Active Member

Good idea!

12. bb151515

bb151515 New Member

great read. thank you:clap:

13. kataq1

kataq1 New Member

:yeahthat:

14. kataq1

kataq1 New Member

:yeahthat:

15. MissyG

MissyG Member

Thanks for the info. Someone had previously directed me to IIFYM website, where it is ALL about the macros.

16. OneMadMonkey

OneMadMonkey Well-Known Member

That page drove me crazy. There was always some jackass writing something inappropriate. I quit the page when some jerk posted, "Does anyone know the macros for vaginal fluid?" Not what I want in my newsfeed.