Lean Bodies Recipe Blog

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Erik, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Cathie

Cathie I have SFP :mecry:

:woohoo: Amy!!!!!!

2. Dennis

Dennis New Member

Hi Amy: I am excited to get the book. Hope it helps me do something with egg whites I'm dying.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NCKate

NCKate New Member

The curls & whey cookbook is INCREDIBLE!! great ideas for easy recipes that are on plan. the tuna melt is quick and delicious- definitely beats tuna & plain brown rice!!

4. Erik

Erik Admin

Tuna melt - I have that almost every day. :lol:

5. bikergirl42

bikergirl42 New Member

Great recipes just a pity some of the food items are not available in New Zealand. But they give me ideas of some good combinations.

6. glassmmam

glassmmam Well-Known Member

Most Definitely!!!

7. laurawd

laurawd Well-Known Member

Just bought the Curls and Whey! Amy: i had a question about the turkey carrot slow cooker recipe on your blog. I tried to ask the question on the blog, but the system wouldn't let me. (Even though I entered a valid email address and added the numbers correctly! The system asked if I was "up to something". Whatever that means.

Anyway, I just wanted to ask if you count the carbs from carrots/tomato juice in that recipe as fruit carbs or starch carbs. (Or do you consider all the carbs vegetable carbs?)

Thanks!

8. Amy

Amy Just say no to CANDY!!!

Do you mean if subbing in a meal? Say on plan?
    If so, yes, they come from my starchy carb. Just easier that way. Say my plan is 115g ground turkey and 95 grams brown rice, I would subtract from that.

Technically, I count my tomatoes as a fruit, but in lunch and dinner recipes like this, I just take from my carb allotment.

Hope that helps.

9. Amy

Amy Just say no to CANDY!!!

10. Rebecca

Rebecca Member

Spinach Pancakes

Hi, Amy! Your cookbook sounds fabulous!! May have to invest. :D

I thought I would share with you all a recipe that we like around here. These pancakes are more tortilla-like and can be used like breakfast crepes, wraps, etc. I have filled them with an egg scramble or smoked chicken and a bit of mayo, and both have been tasty, IMO.

Here's the Recipe:

4 large eggs
    1 10-oz pkg frozen, organic spinach, thawed and drained
    2 garlic cloves, choped
    2/3 C low-fat milk or almond milk
    1 T olive or coconut oil
    2 T almond meal flour (www.honeyvillegrain.com has the best, good price)
    1/2 t sea salt
    Cooking spray

1. Combine eggs, spinach, garlic, milk, oil, flour and salt in a blender or food processor until well combined.
    2. Coat a 6- to 8-inch nonstick pan with nonstickcooking spray and heat over medium heat. Pour a small amount of batter in the pan and spread to coat bottom. Cook pancake until the batter bubbles evenly and the bottom is browned. Remove to a platter and repeat until all batter is used. Serve immediately or freeze individually for later use.

11. jdobber

jdobber New Member

Purchased Amy's cookbook. I would like to point out it includes a microwavable cookie recipe!! :yum:

12. Jill.J

Jill.J New Member

Loving all the ideas! I'm finishing up my very first week with Amy and enjoying my first meal of the day thus far, however, this thread is giving me LOTS of ideas to mix things up. :)

13. kcasaletta

kcasaletta New Member

I heard recently that microwaving protein ruins it....is this true? I just started making the protein brownie by mixing water and then microwave for about 30 seconds. How would it be different than baking with it or making pancakes??

14. theANNAmal

theANNAmal Member

I'm thinking of making Amy's 100 cal diet soda cupcakes for my pwo :yum: ... any ideas of something small I could add to get a few more carbs and calories? Don't want to short myself of any... :nonono:

15. debbialexander

debbialexander New Member

I added cool whip and strawberries to mine. You can also add some Greek yogurt sweetened with Stevia and some protein powder.

16. kerrisonj

kerrisonj New Member

I ordered the book.

Those cupcakes are such a great idea.

It's like I just got told the world wasn't flat anymore!!

17. runningjoy

runningjoy Member

yummm....i like the idea of the cupcakes too :)