Ladder Training?

Discussion in 'Training' started by aaw1212, Jan 17, 2015.

1. aaw1212

aaw1212 New Member

Can someone give me an example of a ladder workout? I read so many people doing short metabolic workouts using Ladder workouts and Im curious what those are. Thank you!

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Exercises done in a circuit.

pyramid up - pyramid down

One way to do it.

3. OneMadMonkey

OneMadMonkey Well-Known Member

They should call it, "Jacob's Ladder!"

4. Inatic

LOL
    that makes me think [​IMG]

5. OneMadMonkey

OneMadMonkey Well-Known Member

Just as bad!

6. Fullsterkur

Fullsterkur New Member

Here are a couple of examples as you would see them described by the CrossFit/cross-training crowd.

My understanding is that the "ladder" workouts are structured around gradually increasing load or reps over time until failure or until a specific time period elapses.

Example 1 (increasing load):

Deadlift ladder
    Start at 225#/135#, add 10# each rep
    10 minute time cap

Translation - after warming up start with 225lbs on the bar if you're a guy, 135lbs if you're a girl then start a clock and begin workout by doing one single rep. Quickly add 10lbs and do another rep. Add another 10lbs, etc, etc.
    Keep doing this until you can't manage another rep or the 10 minutes runs out, whichever comes first. I suppose you can start with whatever weight you want but that's essentially it.

Example 2 (increasing reps):

1x Pull-up
    2x Push-ups
    3x Air squats
    Add 2 reps per movement each successive round
    12 minute time cap

Translation - this one is easy...1 pull up + 2 push-ups + 3 squats, then 2-3-4, 3-4-5, etc etc. Stop at 12 minutes and count the number of rounds you completed if you want to keep score.

I've seen some other weird ones but those are two common set-ups. There's a whole bunch of different ladder workouts HERE if you're into CrossFit or whatever.

I have a series of ladders specifically for kettlebell training if anyone is interested.

7. thawey

thawey Tanner

crossfit-memes3.jpg

This always comes to mind when I think of crossfit.

8. Inatic