Jaleena Marie RIP

Discussion in 'Mindless Banter' started by jaleena, Apr 18, 2011.

1. jaleena

jaleena Banned

It is with great sadness that I write of the passing of my dear, sweet Jaleena. She leaves behind a loving dog, Ziggy, who clearly misses her, and a heartbroken, devastated fiancé who, beyond all reason, wishes that he could spend just one more day in her company. Jaleena passed away in her sleep from causes yet unknown. Sadly, she simply never woke up.

Many will know her as a world-class powerlifter with two world records under her belt. She was a caring, knowledgeable contributor to several boards and was a very easy person to like and to respect. She would help any who asked and her knowledge base was broad. At meets, she could generally be seen helping wherever help was needed. A solid spotter and minder, Jaleena's help was always appreciated.

Jaleena and I have lifted together as training partners for several months and her strength was literally going from strength to strength. Her raw lifts were the best she had ever known and we had discussed getting into Strongman training. She needed a place of calm before her lifts and a quick shoulder rub and hug would often set her up for a fresh PR. The motivation she gave me was immense. I recall when I once wimped out on a lift and raised my head to see a look of disappointment on Jaleena's face. I immediately resolved never again to allow that look to appear. The look of pride when I made a close lift was a joy to behold. We pushed one another hard in the gym and we loved the shared experience. She was a feisty and gutsy workout partner with a tremendous work ethic.

In our personal life, we were ever close. Jaleena had a capacity to give love that was matched only by her capacity to be loved. She also had a captivating depth of personality combined with a keenness of wit that seemed to guarantee stimulating conversation. We had plans for decades of happiness and it is with a deadening feeling of sadness that I bid farewell to my beloved Jaleena. Rest in Peace, my love. I look forward to the day when we can once again be side by side.

In my mind's deep depths, far from the light
    You still shine out all firm, strong and bright
    I still feel your love, all that you are
    A part of my heart that beats from afar
    All I now need I must draw from this source
    The essence of you, a beckoning force
    Our love I shall cherish to keep us both whole
    A love to enrich and to complete my soul
    Brighter than all, your beacon's strong rays
    Are all I could wish to fill my life's days

RIP Jaleena.

2. ncfarris26

ncfarris26 Nicole

Speechless. RIP sweet Jaleena.

3. Erik

Erik Admin

:blink:

What? OMG I ... I'm really, really sorry to hear this.

Shocked. :(

4. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

:shock:

wow!

5. mackie

mackie With my hero, Brigitte Gabriel

Is this for real. So so so sad if it is. I'm just a little confused that he's posting this with Jaleena's ID. Maybe they shared a computer, as it appears they shared a home?

6. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

NOOOOOOOO!!!! :bawling:

7. jaleena

jaleena Banned

It's for real. I posted under Jaleena's account since I have no community here and so that you'd know it was posted by someone with enough of a connection to J that I have her password or machine. I trust that one of Jaleena's friends (I don't know her board name here) will be along over the coming hours to vouch for the veracity of this. She persuaded me to disseminate the news, which I was otherwise happy to keep to myself and family.

Please accept my condolences for your loss, too. Losing Jaleena is a loss for all.

8. mackie

:sadface: :mecry:

9. mackie

To Jaleena's fiance. I didn't mean to sound insensitive. I was taken aback by your post because it almost appears that Jaleena is writing it herself.

This is so sad. I am very sorry for your loss.

10. jaleena

jaleena Banned

11. jaleena

jaleena Banned

I understand. I'm sorry and thank you.

12. mackie

I think Extreme Physique is Leah's board. I'm sure Jaleena's friends, on all the boards appreciate that you've taken the time to inform them of this sad news. Many of them have known her for years. It is very selfless and thoughtful of you to think of her other friends even though you're hurting so much.

13. jaleena

jaleena Banned

Thank you, Mackie. I'm sobbing again. This is so hard to do.

14. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

:hug:
    Can only imagine.

15. mackie

:hug:

Do you have a close friend or family nearby?

16. jaleena

jaleena Banned

Thanks and yes, but this thread shouldn't become about me. Let's celebrate all that Jaleena ever was and ever shared of herself. If you don't mind, though, I will post another ode I wrote.

The mortal coils of my intended wife
    Have shuffled off, bereft of life
    The deep, dark silence, the comfort now lost
    Chills my soul, with a deadening frost
    Yet the fire within burns and yearns
    For what we shared as we took turns
    To share our joys and dreams of hope
    Intending a life of unending scope

I love you Jaleena, my beloved wife
    We'll meet again in another life.

17. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

I met Jaleena back in 2005 on the O2 board. I was extremely fond of her. I'm terribly sorry for your loss.

18. mackie

of course we don't mind. Thank you for sharing them.

19. ncfarris26

ncfarris26 Nicole

"In quiet may you find comfort. In memory may you find healing. In the power of love may you find peace. Those we cherish will always live on." :hug:

20. Erik

Erik Admin

I actually met Jaleena in person many years ago - back in my extreme-physique days on a group trip to Vegas.

Very hard to believe. I'm very sorry for your loss.