Interesting oatmeal idea

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by gymgurl, Dec 9, 2006.

1. gymgurl

gymgurl Member

Just saw this on another thread and thought it looked interesting. I've done a lot of things in my day with oatmeal but never thought to do something like this:

In place of the water, use diet Snapple peach iced tee, and cook it normally. Then stir in some cinnamon, nutmeg, and Splenda.

2. AugustGirl

AugustGirl Member

I saw this on the runnersworld forum too and thought it sounded very unappealing :yucky:

However, the girl who posted it seemed to really enjoy it. I think I'll stick with my water or soymilk though

3. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

Sounds good to me :shrug:

4. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

interesting... id try it.

5. gymgurl

gymgurl Member

Yup, that's where I found this.... have you ever seen their dailies posts? holy man.... some of the people... yikes.

6. AugustGirl

AugustGirl Member

yes! :lol: I read those posts almost every day. It's very interesting to see the difference between how runners eat vs. those into body-building and weights (like on this forum). I am curious though, what makes you say "yikes" about reading their dailies?

7. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

have you tried the "light" apple juice? pretty darn tasty. i saw the posting over on runnersworld - sorta scared - let us know how it turns out.

8. gymgurl

gymgurl Member

yah, just yikes because I think some of their protein intakes maybe total 40 grams? They are definitely carb lovers over there.

9. AugustGirl

AugustGirl Member

very true....but I guess runners need a bit more carbs for those long runs :shrug:

but yes, their protein intake is often quite low. Although I'm not one to talk - I am guilty of very low protein intakes myself :oops: (trying to work on this, but as a vegetarian it's a bit more difficult)

sorry for the :hijacked:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2006
  10. Hoochiemomma

Hoochiemomma Member

When my kids were little I used to make their oatmeal with applejuice and they gobbled it right up. I do love their peach iced tea, but haven't had it in a while.