I feel backwards

Discussion in 'Competitors Corner' started by fortune497, Jun 5, 2015.

1. fortune497

fortune497 New Member

Hi All,

I want to start competing and I feel like I'm in an odd place to start off because I have a LOT of muscle mass for a girl to start with. Most information I see is on how to build muscle mass and I'm not sure if I really fit this model. To give some background info...I played college sports and have always been a bit "brawny". I love to lift and I put on muscle VERY easily. I'm currently at 164lbs with 21% bf...I have a very hard time leaning out. I thought I would see if there were any suggestions on where to start. Right now I do resistance training 3-4x a week and cardio 5-6x a week (no more than 45 min). Thanks in advance :)

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

H!

What kind of competition?

What is your diet like?
    You're doing cardio 5-6 times a week NOW? Way too much!! More than what you should be doing even prepping.

3. fortune497

fortune497 New Member

Hi,

Thank you for responding...I would like to do figure. My diet is at about 1950 cal, 116p, 256c, 51f. In regards to cardio...I know I'm guilty of overkill a bit...I do like to run in the morning to wake up ab it and then other times I feel like there's more I can do and so I end up doing more cardio :oops:.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  4. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

5. fortune497

fortune497 New Member

Thank you!