I desperately need ideas for "TOM"

Discussion in 'Beginner Training & Nutrition' started by thaley@frontiernet.net, Mar 13, 2011.

1. thaley@frontiernet.net

thaley@frontiernet.net New Member

PLEASE....PLEASE...PLEASE... All ladies i REALLY need your advice/wisdom/ideas/HELP. Ive been with Erik for 3 weeks now. The first 4 days were tough (hungry) but i made it thru. Everything i think has gone pretty smoothly. My 1st biweekly weigh in i had lost 4pounds and was very happy. NOW, i am a week before "aunt FLO" comes to visit and today my appetite 4 carbs went nuts.!!!! I did do cardio this morning (30 min.) and i had eaten all my meals by 3:30 and i was still hungering for carbs. I ended up giving in and having a low carb yogart, walnuts, micro wave popcorn (low fat):popcorn: with walden farms carmel on it and then felt so guilty that i went ahead and had some real chocolate. I am soooooo:crying: MAD at myself. Im so AFRAID to tell Erik..eeek! I feel so out of control when this happens!!!

So my question/advice/wisdom/ideas/and Help is...what do you ladies do when the carb cravings hit around your time of the month???? or really anythime they hit. Im really looking for some strategies i can implement when that time comes or anytime i need to push thru.

Thanks ladies looking forward to hearing from you!!!

Tricia

p.s. i think im going to add an extra cardio session in this week. I feel that guilty!

2. mcv

mcv Blissfully Maintaining

DON'T COMPENSATE WITH CARDIO.

Move forward.

3. thaley@frontiernet.net

Just curious...Why? Why not add in another cardio? Do you have any ideas or suggestions on what you do when your appetite goes nuts?

Thanks bunches for answering!

Tricia:bugeyes:

4. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Erik is your coach and that kind of feedback needs to be shared with him.

DO NOT compensate with cardio because:
    it isnt on your plan
    its the wrong mindset to even entertain that idea.

IF you need to 'eat', try adding some salad or pickles.
    try making your meals have more volume. i find coucous (i eat br rice) goes a lot further than br rice or swt tators.
    make your oats(or crm of rice) with more liquid
    add some spinach to your eggs/salads

Drink lots of liquid
    stay busy

5. thaley@frontiernet.net

UUUUUUGGGGGG!!!! Erik is going to kill me! :bitch::cardio::treadmill:

6. Inatic

he doesnt kill his clients.:lol:

He will :chairshot: ya for the extra cardio /thoughts.

7. thaley@frontiernet.net

:funny::funny::funny:....I know i will need to let Erik know but im really feeling the pull to do extra :treadmill: Please tell me there are "more" women out there who struggle with "cravings around that time of the month"! I cant be the ONLY one! Maybe you ladies would know of a similar post that i could read or any articles that have helped you.

Thanks Tricia:help:

8. Erik

Erik Admin

Compensatory behaviour like that reinfores disordered thinking regarding food and exercise. Why cover a mistake with a mistake?

Do you realize how much cardio you'd have to do? HOURS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQbuzsY_34Q

9. Tina

Tina Well-Known Member

That's a great video Erik! I laughed.

10. thaley@frontiernet.net

:grin: Im busted!! LOL Im going to email you soon with my confessions!!! Just please be gental :eek: im already feeling EXTREME guilt and frustration with a side of anger (at myself) for giving in. UGGG!

11. Inatic

one of my favorites!

12. Erik

Erik Admin

Why did you go and do cardio when we all said not to?

Do you think it erased all your eating?

13. pavermama

pavermama Rut Row!

You are not the only one to deal with TOM syndrome with the eating....everyone just deals with it in their own way. Extra cardio is definately not the answer!! I've been there before! I have found that since I have been drinking a "GREEN SHAKE" every morning for the last 2 1/2 months, my cravings for things have died down TREMENDOUSLY!!!!! And believe me, I am the queen of chocolate eating!!! Even around my TOM, I haven't been as hungry or haven't been having cravings. When it comes to my TOM, that's when I ended up bingeing for days or weeks at a time!! I can say I haven't binged for 3 months now and I think that is a record for me!! The only thing I have changed is the shakes in the morning. Could be just the thing I needed myself and won't work for anyone else but who knows!!! Hang in there! :hug:

14. kirstny

kirstny Well-Known Member

GREAT video! I shared it on my FB.

15. Rayne

Rayne New Member

I'm curious as to why you think posting about it on your COACH's forum would allow you to hide it from him/control how long it was until he knew... :scratch:

16. Erik

Erik Admin

:lol:

17. ncfarris26

ncfarris26 Nicole

:lol3:

Hawkeye sees all. :ninja2:

:lol:

18. chrysalis1

chrysalis1 No Matter What

<raised hand> Yep.

19. chrysalis1

chrysalis1 No Matter What

Mine isn't so much for a particular food as it is to want to just eat eat eat. Even after I have my meals sometimes I just want to eat more. Only happens about a week before.

20. Kristina

Kristina Member

First..The video I loved and sent it off to all the CARDIO freaks in my life..Mostly my husband and best friend you are Triathletes!! HAHAH!!!

I have MAJOR craving at TOM..MAJOR!!! Mostly for cake and wine!! LOL!
    What I have trained myself to do is fake out my mind..I will drink sparkling water in a wine glass..Cake I will try one of Amy's ideas and have a SMALL portion..freeze or give away the rest..For me I just try to make it mind over matter..Once Erik said to me..Will you "DIE" if you don't get that extra food "NO" The one thing that we can control is our mind, our thoughts and our actions...I'm not always perfect and I do cheat...shhhhh! not very much..I look at the food craving like my cravings or desires for anything..New shoes..I LOVE shoes...If I just think about it, acknowledge my thoughts and then let go of it...I will not turn to dust if I don't get those shoes!! Erik reads the boards always confess first!

You can totally do this!!!!!! :hug:

• Like Like x 1