How often do you use the food calculator?

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by talies1980, Apr 16, 2014.

1. talies1980

talies1980 New Member

Well, lately I found myself subbing once a day EVERY day. I don't change the whole meal but maybe one item for that meal. For example almonds for cheese or chicken for egg whites. I was just wondering How often everyone here sub any food from their meal plan.

2. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

I sub all the time. My understanding is that it is there to be used to give some variety and keep our food from getting mundane.

3. OneMadMonkey

OneMadMonkey Well-Known Member

I've been subbing sticky rice for my sweet potatoes. Last week it was flank steak for top sirloin. I try not to sub too much in a week. I did that once, and I got a nasty gram from Erik telling me that subbing is a once in a while thing. It's not for me to redesign my food plan so that it's not recognizeable.

4. talies1980

talies1980 New Member

cool. thanks !

5. Emma

Emma Member

Not as much as I did earlier on, mostly because I've got all my favourite subs memorised.

6. lori_gooch

lori_gooch New Member

I use it quite a bit for variety.

7. csworen

csworen Well-Known Member

I rarely use it too. Not sure why. I guess I don't need too much variety. Lol. Most commonly I sub my almonds for PB. But I'm a PB addict :)

8. Porsche

Porsche New Member

HI everyone, I've got a question. Have 100gr of brown rice on my menu, trying to sub it for spaghetti squash. LBC calculator gives me 353,5 grams. The question is: is that a cooked measure or not? Thanks in advance...

9. Arajkowski

Arajkowski Active Member

It's dry but I believe it's only 10% you need to subtract from the cooked version to get the correct substitution. Someone may be able to give you a definite on that. There's a thread on here with that answer also.

10. Arajkowski

Arajkowski Active Member

Yup here it is ....

Either way... Just subtract 10% from cooked and you'll be good to go

11. Porsche

Porsche New Member

ahhhh... Thank you so much!:hug:.
    Nothing keeps me as full as spaghetti squash, on that dreadful week of the month...

12. Ginnybarbour

Ginnybarbour New Member

If you sub is it considered a deviation?

13. stephm2010

stephm2010 In Motion

No, if you have your initial two weeks feedback from your biweekly and your 100% then you can sub. You just need to leave a note so we know it's done properly.

14. Emma

Emma Member

My new friend is my sharpie, my fridge and cupboard are full of things marked up for my subs, for example the grated cheese in my fridge has the sub for my almonds written on it.

15. OneMadMonkey

OneMadMonkey Well-Known Member

I've marked up all kinds of stuff for "quick subbing," and then my meal plan changes, and I'm like "Sh*t!"

16. enbergland

enbergland New Member

Mostly on the weekends. I have too much going on during to thing aout changing things up.

17. leahmackey

leahmackey New Member

i used to do it after 2-3 days.. basically when got bored and want some change.
    free slot games

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014