How Facebook can ruin friendships

Discussion in 'Mindless Banter' started by sandi, Sep 1, 2009.

1. sandi

sandi IFBB FITNESS PRO!!!!!

2. Patricia

Patricia Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, I don't mind 'friends'' random updates at all... No matter how mundane. Takes what, a second to read them- and I only read those who I really care to know about.. What I can't stand are those people who post passive aggressive woe-is-me my life sucks, wa wa updates. I've actually been trying my best to keep my status updates and public msgs between my boyfriend g rated. :lol:

3. Sohee

Sohee working on the bikini body

:ditto: That annoys me to no end.

4. sandi

sandi IFBB FITNESS PRO!!!!!

LOL

I dunno, I get annoyed with people who are always posting about how AMAZING their life/job/boyfriend is. Over and over and over. Like, the same thing every day. Seriously. I get that I"m dieting and cranky, but how is telling me the same thing you told me yesterday (and the day before that, and the day before that) an 'update'?

Or, the passive aggressive updates.....just SAY whatcha need to say, ya know?

Or, the 'TMI' updates. Self-explanatory.

Hmm....I am REALLY annoyed by a lot, huh? Guess I should go update my facebook status so that everyone is aware and steers clear of moi:laugh:

5. Cass

Cass Well-Known Member

Why do you need Facebook?

6. Erik

Erik Admin

:lol:

I was asking myself this question the last couple of days.

7. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

I'm not on FB that much. I log in from time to time just for fun. That's enough for me.

8. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

At least you have an excuse for being cranky. I don't. [​IMG]

9. Sandy

Sandy Well-Known Member

I recently deleted my facebook account. I was getting bored of silly status updates and generally found it a waste of my evening time.

10. mackie

mackie With my hero, Brigitte Gabriel

Neither am I. I rarely log in. Usually, when I do its because I've received an email, informing me that I have a message.

11. Meechel

Meechel Enjoying the summer!

Cass love you :love:I check it on my phone and my updates vary from life is good to damn the kids are getting to me but honestly could walk away from it np now that I don't get on it at work. Similar to a lot of sites now :shrug:

12. sugarkitty

sugarkitty Member

I'm not a mad facebooker or anything but I like reading peoples updates. Especially when you don't see them very often and can't be bothered to put much effort into staying in touch. Yesterday we went to visit some friends of ours that we haven't seen in an over a year and she brought up a whole bunch of random stuff that I had posted on facebook. At first I was like :scratch: how do you know all that??

The trick is to keep your list real small ...

13. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

What do you consider really small?

14. Erik

Erik Admin

15. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

Yeah, that's pretty small. :lol:

16. toese

toese Lovin running in 2 day relays

I love facebook. I found a lot of my long lost friends on there plus all my gym friends are on there so it's easy for me to contact everyone.

Now what irks me is people's POLITICAL Negative status's. OMG!!! Enough is enough on that crap. It's so depressing. There is a feature where you can "hide" people and that is what I do. If they get on my nerves I hide them and never see them anymore. LOL!!

Plus I like looking at everyones pictures ... I guess you have to have some "good FUN" friends on there to keep you entertained on facebook otherwise you aren't going to like it much.

17. FitnessModerate

FitnessModerate Just do it

Facebook is a good way to keep in touch with friends. Keep it private though.

18. Sohee

How do you hide people? Do you mean blocking?

Is there a way to keep someone your FB friend but never have to read their stupid FB statuses :lol:

19. toese

toese Lovin running in 2 day relays

put your cursor right next to their status comment and the "hide" icon will appear and then click on that. I do it all the time.

20. Sohee

:clap: :clap: