HOLIDAY COOKIE/BAR/BROWNIE book!!!

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Sarawithanh, Nov 3, 2006.

1. BlueTuna

BlueTuna Fish Aficionado

:yeahthat:

2. Strive2Define

Strive2Define Banned

:doh: :doh: NOW someone tells me.:yell:

3. christie

christie Senior Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. Strive2Define

Strive2Define Banned

5. Lingerie Lady

Lingerie Lady Face Your Fears!

I so read this wrong . . . I thought you meant that the food had little taste, and I was wondering why you were posting it then! After reading the recipe, I understand that you had to try just a little taste of it.

I may try the recipe with making my own cookie dough for the crust. I guess I'm kind of a baking "snob" or purist. I don't use cake mixes, premade cookies etc (except for pie crust!). Partly because I don't like to, partly because once I finally remember to buy the mix or whatever at the grocery store, then in the meantime I've lost the recipe that I've bought it for and I finally end up throwing it away. This does look and sound delish though, hence trying it with my own dough for the crust.

6. christie

christie Senior Member

:fire: I am evil. Lock me up and put me away :devil: :hehehmn:

Yes I just had a little sample. I'll have a bigger taste on Saturday :jeff:

I agree LL. You could easily make your own dough for the crust!

7. Sarawithanh

Sarawithanh Banned

Christie - mmmmmmmmmmmm :drool: so NOT making that anytime soon!! :lol: maybe for Valentines day :innocent:

8. Strive2Define

Strive2Define Banned

EASY CARAMEL CORN

You will need;
    3 bags of microwave popcorn, popped according to directions
    2 cups brn sugar
    1/2 c Karo(the light colored) syrup
    1 c margarine
    1/2 tsp butter flavoring
    1 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp vanilla

Spray pam in bottom of large roasting pan.The larger the better..gives you more room to stir.Put popcorn in pan.

In saucepan mix brn sugar, Karo syrup, margarine and salt..bring to boil an dlet boil for 5 minutes WITHOUT stirring.Remove from heat and add vanilla, baking soda and butter flavoring to mixture.stir well and pour over popcorn and toss lightly.
    Bake in oven at 250 degrees for 1 hour..stirring every 15 minutes.

I have also added m&ms pretzels, nuts etc to this after it has cooled some.

YUM

9. Ana

Ana Think back...Move forward

I have no idea why I keep coming in here :sad:

:censor: :mad:

10. Strive2Define

Strive2Define Banned

I know..you and me both..the only thing that has saved me is the fact that I just have not bought any of the ingredients to bake anything yet..unfortunately I know I will not entirely escape because we are hosting two parties next week and I must provide food like a good hostess.:(

11. christie

christie Senior Member

Chicken is food :shrug:

:lol3: Can you imagine if you served them chicken and plain brown rice. I bet they wouldn't stay long. It might be a good idea :hehehmn:

12. Strive2Define

Strive2Define Banned

lol i was thinking oats and eggwhites..I could make the egwhites more festive by sprinkling with red and green sugar sprinkles.......lolol
    I wish I could but considering my hub is their boss I best not.He wouldn't appreciate it.

13. Ana

Provide veggies w/o dip :funny: :funny: :funny:

14. Ana

U :shutup: you pillsbury devil you :ban:

15. yummy

yummy Auntie Yummy

thats what im looking for...If you were to add sprinkles do you do it before you bake it so they stick? (as you can see i dont cook, bake or anything)

16. Sarawithanh

Sarawithanh Banned

yes add sprinkles b4 u bake, unless you're doing icing, in which case after you ice and then they stick to the icing

17. christie

christie Senior Member

I was told to add sprinkles or sugar after they have been taken out. As long as they are warm the sugar will stay put.

18. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

To smell the cookies?

:D

19. Ana

:oops:

20. Lingerie Lady

Lingerie Lady Face Your Fears!

I've made these for the last two years and they go over well.

Lemon-Poppy Seed Melts

1/2 cup butter
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 Tbsp poppy seeds
    1/8 tsp baking soda
    1 egg yolk
    1 Tbsp milk
    2 tsp lemon zest
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1 1/2 cups flour
    1 cup sifted powdered sugar

In medium bowl, beat butter on medium to high for 30 seconds. Add the 1/2 cup sugar, poppy seed and baking soda. Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in the egg yolk, milk, lemon zest and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour.

Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a 9" long roll. Wrap each roll in waxed paper. Chill for 4 to 24 hours (I put into a cardboard tube from paper towels so they don't get flat on one side.)

Using a sharp knife, cut dough into 1/2" slices. Place slices 1" apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 7 to 9 minutes or until the edges are firm and bottom of cookies are lightly browned.

Place powdered sugar in a plastic bag. While cookies are still warm, place several at a time into the bag and shake gently until coated. Transfer to a wire rack. When completely cool, gently shake cookies again in the powdered sugar.

(Note: If you are going to freeze these, do not put powdered sugar on them until after you have thawed them.)