HOLIDAY COOKIE/BAR/BROWNIE book!!!

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Sarawithanh, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Ana

Ana Think back...Move forward

Why on earth did you have to post these on a snow day when i'm home :ban:
    I'm definitely keeping this one, but trying to resist the urge to bake today :keepsfingerscrossed:

2. Lingerie Lady

Lingerie Lady Face Your Fears!

Do Not! I repeat - Do Not Bake Today!!!! You'll be sorry! They are extremely tempting, trust this face!

3. Ana

Ana Think back...Move forward

I slept most of the day way :D
    I aint baking now :girly:

4. SusanF

SusanF Enjoying wedded bliss

Caramel Candy Bars - just for Ana :)

1.5 cups firmly packed brown sugar
    1.5 cups butter, softened
    1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
    1 cup crisp rice cereal
    2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt
    35 vanilla caramels, unwrapped (I found this to be too much??)
    1/3 cup milk
    1 (14-oz) pkg. red and green m&m's

1. Heat over to 350F. Spray 13x9 pan with spray. In large bowl, combine br. sugar and butter, beat until smooth. Stir in oats and cereal. Add flour, baking soda and salt; mix until well blended. Reserve 3 cups oat mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture in bottom of sprayed pan. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine caramels and milk; heat over low heat until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly.

3. Remove pan from oven. Sprinkle 1 cup of the chocolate pieces evenly over base. Drizzle with caramel mixture, being careful not to let caramel touch sides of pan. Drop reserved oat mixture by heaping teaspoons over caramel mixture. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate pieces.

4. Return to oven; bake an additional 20-24 minutes or until centre is set and top is golden brown. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled. Cut into bars.

****NOTE: THESE ARE DEADLY ***********

I found 35 caramels to be A LOT. Possibly the ones I bought were larger than ones available in the US. I had a HUGE layer of caramel, so ended up cooking it quite a bit longer. They were still awesome, though.

Enjoy!

5. Erik

Erik Admin

Post the macros of that one. :lol:

6. SusanF

SusanF Enjoying wedded bliss

Not a chance! I DON'T wanna know! :lol:

7. Kristyn

Kristyn Well-Known Member

I am so excited to try some of these out this year!!!!!! Call me Betty Crocker at the holidays. :cheat:

8. Noel Clark

Noel Clark Senior Member

Then you are in good company...I LOVE TO BAKE!!!

9. SBT

SBT Ready to get back to it!!!

ME TOOOOOOOO!!

Bring on the off-season :muahaha:

10. Cathie

Cathie I have SFP :mecry:

:ditto:

11. KellyFL

KellyFL Enjoying my Non-Diet, lol

Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Bars

Thought I would revive this thread since the holidays are on the way:

2 pkgs refridgerated chocolate chip cookie dough (the kind that comes in a roll)

2 pkgs cream cheese
    3/4 cup sugar
    2 eggs
    1 tbsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350

Cut the first pack of cookie dough to form thin slices. Cover the bottom of a 13x9 baking pan.

Beat together the cream cheese, eggs, vanilla and sugar. Spread over the cookie layer.

Cut the second cookie dough pack, and place over the cheesecake layer.

Bake for 35-40 min or until set.

12. Anca

Anca Well-Known Member

:faint:

:drool:

My hubby would love these!! I'm assuming that even though there will be small spaces between the cookie dough slices, when you bake this they spread out and 'fuse' together?
    Any idea if cutting the ingredients in half would be enough for an 8X8 pan?

13. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

or you could just flatten into a pan instead of cutting them.

14. mackie

mackie With my hero, Brigitte Gabriel

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars

[​IMG]

Swirled Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Bars

6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
    1 3/4 cups sugar
    3 large eggs
    1 cup canned pumpkin
    1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
    1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature

In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar until smooth. Beat in 2 eggs, pumpkin, and 1/3 cup water until well blended, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.

In another bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and nutmeg; stir or beat into butter mixture until well blended. Spread batter evenly in a buttered and floured 10- by 15-inch baking pan.
    In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, remaining egg, and remaining 1/4 cup sugar until smooth.

Drop cream cheese mixture in 24 evenly spaced 1-tablespoon portions over batter. Pull a knife tip through filling to swirl slightly into batter.

Bake in a 350° oven until center of pumpkin batter (not cream cheese mixture) springs back when touched, about 30 minutes. Let cool completely in pan, then cut into 24 bars.

Makes 24 bars
    Nutritional Information: CALORIES 164(38% from fat); FAT 7g (sat 4.2g); PROTEIN 2.6g; CHOLESTEROL 45mg; SODIUM 130mg; FIBER 0.4g; CARBOHYDRATE 23g

15. KellyFL

KellyFL Enjoying my Non-Diet, lol

Yeah, they do fuse together, so it's like a giant cheesecake filled cookie. I'm sure you could divide everything by 2 and do an 8x8 pan. I always just do a huge batch because my brother devour them, lol :lol:

16. Sohee

Sohee working on the bikini body

Ahha-- this is where I got it from! I'd written it on my list and couldn't figure out where it came from :confused:

17. Jonathan57

Jonathan57 Active Member

Yumm. Great stuff'n thanks. Was looking for brownies or something similar, but this will definitely fill the bill.

18. BigDog

BigDog Well-Known Member

FYI: These need to cook much longer than 30 minutes. Took mine out after 40 and I still had to toss them because they were almost raw in the middle.

19. Anca

Anca Well-Known Member

"SNICKERS BAR" TART

I'm making this for a holiday party next week! :drool: The original recipe (as shown in the picture) calls for white choc. chips.

"SNICKERS BAR" TART

INGREDIENTS
    1 roll (16.5 oz) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
    1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts
    1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
    1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
    1/2 cup peanut butter chips
    1/4 cup semisweet chocolate baking chips

DIRECTIONS
    1. Heat oven to 350°F. Press cookie dough evenly in bottom of ungreased 9-inch springform pan. (If dough is sticky, use floured fingers.) Bake 17 to 22 minutes or until light golden brown.
    2. Meanwhile, place peanuts in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Crush peanuts with rolling pin or meat mallet; set aside.
    3. In medium microwavable bowl, microwave caramel topping, peanut butter and cinnamon uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds or until hot and bubbly; stir well. Drizzle mixture evenly over partially baked crust. Sprinkle with peanut butter chips, vanilla baking chips and crushed peanuts.
    4. Bake 12 to 18 minutes longer or until edges are golden brown. Cool completely, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
    5. Run sharp knife carefully around edge of tart to loosen; remove side of pan. To serve, cut tart into wedges. Store tightly covered at room temperature.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  20. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

I've seen a recipe similar but 'easier'

cresent rolls..
    milky way bars or your favorite.

roll the bar in the cresent roll and bake (forgot for how long lol)