Hill Training/Soreness Question

Discussion in 'Beginner Training & Nutrition' started by Megz, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Megz

Megz Member

This is defiantly a newbie question! So this was my first week on plan and have absolutely loved every minute! MINUS the extreme soreness LOL! I have been trying to stretch but am just get super tight couple hours later. any advice on that? or just simply wait it out? The main question I have is.. I have HILL training today...And i hate settling for anything less than 100% So question is.. besides my dynamic warmup, is there anything else I can do to help with the soreness so I can push to the max on my Workout?? :treadmill: :-D

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

i usually find soreness is relieved by cardio. Do what you can, it wont last more than a week or so and then you can push harder.

3. Megz

Megz Member

Awesome! That's all I needed to hear ;-) Thanks Ileen!

4. tellybelle

tellybelle Member

Good luck!! You will do awesome!! I too usually find cardio helps my soreness as well.

5. MrsTish

MrsTish Member

HI Megz....I'm just finishing my second week and I FEEL your pain :) But yes it gets so much better the second week....the first week my system was in shock ! LOL I had read in someone's journal they on days they felt extra tight/sore they really took their time on their warmup.

So what worked for me....is ERik has reccommended in the past to get on a bike and flush that out for five minutes I believe....so I'd do that. I also took my reps in the dynamic warm ups....to the top rep range and even do a few more when I was super sore. And lastly....my first week and a few times this week.....I'm done the dynamic stretches again AFTER my workout....seems to really help? And for me PERSONALLY......I'm coming off a whiplash injury from November....So I do the upper body dynamic warm up even before my ab circuit day ! Good luck !

6. Megz

Megz Member

I survived!!! LOL...thought I was gunna puke, but I just kept telling myself that after these sprints im home free for the weekend!!! Sunday = off day, thank goodness :)
    I am actually feeling great right now! Chantelle- You are defiantly right, cardio totally helped my soreness ( I was walking funny into the gym and walked out normal:clap:)
    MrsTish- Glad someone else is feeling the pain!! @ least im not alone:) Ya this first week has defiantly been a shock to the body so Im looking forward to not hurting so bad. But I got to tell you- it actually feels good in a REALLY WEIRD way! LOL
    The dynamic stretches are a life saver- I am going to do another set of them this afternoon sometime. Im super duper tight as is, so i figure for the first couple weeks I will double up on the stretching. All I have to say is Erik is a genius, because I already feel my body is getting stronger and tightening up.

7. mdtrevino

mdtrevino New Member

Megz... How's it going so far.... I want some updates from some fellow newbies. ~misty

8. Megz

Megz Member

Hey Misty! It is going fantastic!! The soreness is GONE! I was a little sore after my last leg day, but nothing like I was the first week. lol
    I am making sure to really stretch and do the dynamic warm-up, and that is doing wonders in itself! Really Enjoying the workouts! I use to be a cardio crazed person! and now I just love lifting and hate my cardio days :yucky:
    The nutrition is spot on also! so far so good!!!!! I am just really enjoying myself and the process and how much better in general I feel. I am ready to be cut!! but I know that will take time! Baby steps..baby steps. :D

Thanks for checkin in on me !!! your awesome :brava:

9. RindaClark

RindaClark Member

Hi Megz, Good stuff to be aware of for my first Hill Training day is Tuesday - scared I will fall off the dang treadmill since I 'never' put a treadmill on anything but level. I also get shin splints on a treadmill but do not seem to when walking outside so will see if that happens and what Erik says if it does. So happy for your success - what is your journal name?

10. MrsTish

MrsTish Member

RInda....I think it's Stop the insanity ??? By megz :)

11. Erik

Erik Admin

Ease into it.

12. mdtrevino

mdtrevino New Member

Love the Hill Training... crazy... I know!

13. Radish8

Radish8 Member

Okay, I gotta ask......what does the "Hellz or Hills" training consist of?:treadmill: I've found threads for the Ab Circuits that everyone talks about but other than Hellz nothing about how to do this cirucit. I kind of gathered it's some sort of "treadmill/hill interval"? Just curious - wait listed with Erik but would like to incorporate this into my "waiting for my program" workout.

So what's your "Hellz" interval workout? Enquiry minds want to know. LOL :sos:

14. mygirlies22

mygirlies22 Member

So glad I found this thread, since this is my first week and I couldn't go down the stairs today.It was so painful. Surprisingly, I could go up the stairs with just a little pain:)

15. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

What Ileen said.