HIIT / Interval Training

Discussion in 'Training' started by The13ig13adWolf, May 2, 2006.

1. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Erik prefers about 6hrs between training and hiit but for some. just get it done if no truely no other option.

2. pavermama

pavermama Rut Row!

I only do hiit on my 1 day of cardio. I went from doing 3-4 days of cardio, to 1. yay!!!

3. Mn_Diezel

Mn_Diezel Member

Awesome to hear! Thank you:brava:

4. SunnyAZ

SunnyAZ New Member

Thanks for posting these examples. They are a fresh way of doing HIIT. Am going to try one of these tomorrow!

5. Musclefanatic11

Musclefanatic11 New Member

I'm late to this thread! Haha!

I started doing HIIT 3 weeks ago. I don't really notice any difference YET! But will continue. I'm changing over from being a "cardio junkie" (sad to say) do maybe that is why...

Regardless...I love HIIT!!!

6. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

This is old, but your entire sessions are 10-15minutes? That's awesome.

7. Sdtul

Sdtul New Member

So from what I've gathered ... If I'm doing 3 full body workouts a week, 2 days of HIIT would be too much/over kill?

What I do on my HIIT days is 10 mins of 15sprint/45recover (good paced walk) on the tready, then I usually do 15 min of slow walking on full incline.

Still too much?

8. Gooser

Gooser Do I even lift?

I've also been reading some good science about 30 seconds all out, followed by 4 minutes 'recovery' .... will try to find the links..........

Edit: This may have already been posted ... I'm too lazy to go back and read 6 pages :p

9. mjlivingfit

mjlivingfit New Member

Is doing HIIT the day after a leg day a bad thing? A PR told me to never do HIIT the day after a leg day because it's over training...true? I have legs tomorrow and the Friday is a metabolic workout or HIIT. I'm trying to figure out what to do. I don't know what a good Metabolic workout would be?? Does HIIT have to be sprinting?

10. mjlivingfit

mjlivingfit New Member

*PT* not PR

11. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

12. mjlivingfit

mjlivingfit New Member

Thank you

13. Candicestrawson

Candicestrawson New Member

What article did tis come from??? I see a lot of references used in this but cannot find where the original article came from. Only asking cause i am interested in reading some of the articles that were used for this review..

14. Ginnybarbour

Ginnybarbour New Member

that 30 minute HiiT idea had me afraid!!!

15. bthatch

bthatch New Member

HIIT workouts don't have to be on a treadmill or during a run...if you've ever done insanity or t25, it's basically a long HIIT workout. Various exercises that work your heart rate to go different paces. After doing T25 I live by HIIT workouts now :) I incorporate them into my workouts usually after I go for a run