Hey Waitlisters......

Discussion in 'Beginner Training & Nutrition' started by pinkgloves, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Bewitched4011

Bewitched4011 Member

Kelly,
    #4 Main reason I am here ~ the negative self talk is rough - feeling better by simply reading the forums and learning something everyday!

2. Bewitched4011

Bewitched4011 Member

Jennifer how long were you on the waitlist?

3. Bewitched4011

Bewitched4011 Member

Help! Newbie having a difficult time – I am 4 months post partum and not breastfeeding anymore – I am trying to figure out Cals per day. I have found the calculations for maintenance calories and calorie deficit (that some board members recommend) – but when I do the math – with my BW – the calories seem high, especially since I am looking at losing 60+ lbs. Trying to put a plan together, so that I can start losing before I get my golden ticket........:help:

4. Bewitched4011

Bewitched4011 Member

Guess I posted too quickly yesterday, I found the article on 75% deficit:

BW x 16= Maintenance Calories

Then taking lbs of fat x 31 calories = potential deficit

Maintenance Calories – potential deficit = calories per day

This is giving me 1500 calories per day, I guess this is as good a place to start as any.

5. Bewitched4011

Bewitched4011 Member

Hey there - are there any other waitlisters out there? What are you doing while you wait? I have been on the waitlist since Dec 10th and with a (now 7 month old) baby at home, havent been able to find much time to myself. I work three 12 hour shifts a week and am determined to find at least one hour to myself on my days off work out. I have a bit of gym anxiety (which I will have to overcome once I get my golden ticket)- so I am going to pull out my P90X and start there. I also need to work on being consistent about logging my intake. What are you doing while you wait?

Truly, Heather

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  6. Emma

Emma Member

While I was waiting I kept doing my own workout program but I didn't diet. I was going to start a dieting phase straight off the bat so I didn't want to spend the months I was waiting in a deficit as well.

7. Bewitched4011

Bewitched4011 Member

Emma, Thank you - I think I will try this as well, I have changed my diet a bit - but I truly do not know how to do it the right way. So I will continue making better choices and learn as much from the forum as possible. I appreciate the input.

8. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

depending on how close you are to the top of the list, i'd take some time at maintenance and a break from dieting. Give our body a break.

9. Bewitched4011

Bewitched4011 Member

Thanks Ileen, I will do that. I believe I still have a few more months before I get off the waitlist. Just taking time and learning what I can.

10. I was on the wait list since June.. got email on Thanksgiving..

11. Bewitched4011

Bewitched4011 Member

Thank you Jennifer, 5 months isn't too bad. Have time to work and get my head on straight.

12. Emma

Emma Member

Honestly the time will fly by. When I got on the list I thought, ughh, this will take forever!! But when I got my email (sitting on the train heading to work one morning) all of a sudden all that time faded away to nothing.

13. Tamara

Tamara New Member

Quick question from a NEW newbie (paid my deposit this morning; joined this forum today too!) so am now patiently waiting and reading, reading, reading! :) My question is: my main goal for now is fat loss. I DO lift weights at the gym 3-4 times/week plus do some cardio (1-2 days/week). I'm not trying to gain muscle - just trying to keep the muscle I've got. I eat 10X my BW in calories. Do I need to eat a high-carb PWO meal if my goal ISN'T to gain muscle right now?

14. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

I'd probably consider a nice diet break and set your self to maintenane calories. You're calories are pretty low already.

You can train 3-4 times a week. watch the cardio.. maybe back off.
    post workout, regardless of what phase is protein and carbs.

Welcome. : )

15. Bewitched4011

Bewitched4011 Member

Welcome Tamara!! Congrats on getting on the wait list, you are in the right place for all your questions and the support - it's amazing! I too am on the waitlist! See you around the forum! - Heather

16. Tamara

Tamara New Member

Thanks Ileen! I will ease off on the cardio and add one more day of weight training. So maintenance calories would be 14-15 x BW? I'm currently 200 lbs. I was originally eating 1650 calories and have slowly increased that to 2000 calories (over the past three weeks). The thought of increasing that to 2800-3000 is completely mind boggling. It's super scary actually! :sadcry: But I will continue to increase slowly.

Can you tell me how many names are above mine on the wait list?

Thanks Heather - good to start learning some of the names, faces, etc.! :)

17. alenka25

alenka25 New Member

Hi everyone,
    I just got on the wait list last week.
    Does anyone know how long's the wait nowadays? I read the forum and it used to be 6+ month. Maybe it is shorter now because of the new coaches.
    Anyways, I am excited.

18. Runrooney

Runrooney New Member

Well I was on the wait list a year. It did go by fast! It's worth the wait:) got in in August of 2013. Loving it and I have learned a lot.

19. alenka25

alenka25 New Member

Thanks Runrooney!
    Wow! A year is a long wait. I am glad you're in.
    How's your progress?

20. katesalts

katesalts New Member

Hi everyone how long does it take to get your plan once you've paid? I paid for a premium spot in January, and was already charged for my first month but didn't get my plan. It's almost time for get charged for the second month and I haven't received my plan, I think. Is it emailed to you? Thanks all!!