Hey Waitlisters......

Discussion in 'Beginner Training & Nutrition' started by pinkgloves, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Debbie

Debbie Official since 2/15/2012

:muahaha: That's a start!!!

:popcorn:

2. Tina

Tina Well-Known Member

I have nothing much to add right now except that I hope I get to start soon!

3. Radish8

Radish8 Member

Ditto - in the meantime I'm really enjoying following along the journey of those already on program :iluvcoffee:

4. MrsTish

MrsTish Member

Hi everyone......It was me who used to hang out here ALOT until a month ago......hang in there !

Have a great day !

5. jdmorgan

jdmorgan New Member

Waiting is the hardest part. Once you commit to doing it you want to start right away. But I know the wait is worth it. I am actually on wait list with Amy but my co-worker is product of Erik's work out and nutrition and she looks great. That is what convinced me to the online training.

6. sjwonder

sjwonder Member

great idea ! I am in !!! :) Thanks for starting this !

Sumaya

7. Radish8

Radish8 Member

Just curious about the workouts.....does everyone work out first thing in the morning as per Erik or do you fit it in according to your schedule.

At the moment I start work at 7:00 and my gym doesn't open until 6:30 so not much time for getting in a solid workout first thing - after work I have the whole evening so was wondering if a morning workout is mandatory or when I get my plan I can continue going in the evenings as I have been.

Most times I do Upper Body at lunch (an hour) and the next day Lower Body - but it doesn't leave any time for cardio which I usually do after work either at home ( I have a Schwin Spinning Bike or run outside when the weather is nice). I haven't been one for much cardio.

Any thoughts?!

8. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

there is no mandatory training time. I used to train at dark:30 and now often train either mid morning or after lunch. Those that have circuits in addition to training need to figure out how to fit it into their day.

What ever works best for you.

9. Radish8

Radish8 Member

Whew!! For a minute there I thought I'd have to get up extra early just to get in a workout in at home before work - I do tend to function better in the gym mid afternoon for a lunch workout or after work when I can go "balls out" and not worry how I look as I know I'm heading home :cardio: - and yes, this is the time where I'd be doing my cardio - nice stess buster.

10. Radish8

Radish8 Member

PWO Question

Currently I'm at the gym after work doing my weight routine. I do have a pre workout "snack" about an hour before I start. My question is this: for my PWO meal would I be able to incorporate the alloted carbs with my protein meal say in the form of pototoes, rice etc. or better just have the 16g of carbs when I get home and just stick with my protein/veggies for dinner?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome :sos:

11. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

your post workout training meal should consist of both protein and carbs.. 16g is kind of low. Erik usually recommends 30-32g/160cals of cho during fat loss.

12. Radish8

Radish8 Member

Yessssss, that sounds a lot better - provides more food choices with the increase in g/cals:yum:

13. Tina

Tina Well-Known Member

The list should be into September now shouldn't it?

14. Dayna

Dayna Member

No idear..... Just patiently waiting and cheering for the ppl who got off this wait list!

15. swanny

swanny Member

I think that sounds about right. I'm not until Feb. so I have a long ways to go. But it will be well worth the wait!

16. Radish8

Radish8 Member

Ditto for me as well!

17. gymrat_at44

gymrat_at44 Member

Wish I had time to read the 88 pages of posts... I jumped around a read a few. A lot of very similar stories... several around having the courage to sign up. I agree - my struggle was admitting what I was doing, and who I was training with (which is also my gym owner and close friend) was not taking me to the level I wanted to be at to compete. I finally made the jump and communicated with Erik and now I am on the waiting list. Hurry up and wait - difficult to wait on something you finally admitted to yourself you want so badly.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Debbie

First step done. Congratulations! :clap:

I had to break up with my gymowner/trainer too. Not easy but certainly has been the best thing for me. Spend your wait list time reading here and you'll be ahead of the game. Starting a journal while on the wait list is very helpful too.

19. gymrat_at44

gymrat_at44 Member

Hey Debbie thanks... I was reading several journals already and have mixed emotions. Made as hell I didn't do this sooner and scared of the wait. I am NOT a patient person. Nice to know others were in my shoes making that decision - it was hard, but now that it was made I am so mad at myself for waiting.... argh.

So, do you still work out at the same gym or did you completely break off that relationship?

Any rules or suggestions on the journals or is it a name it and start writing in it - basically a place for your thoughts, workouts, etc. but others can comment on it. Yeah?

20. Debbie

Hi Sheri, don't beat yourself up over what you've done in the past or how long it took you to make a decision to move on. Nothing to be gained from that. :)

I had a hard time breaking up with my trainer. Didn't want to hurt his feelings. :dope: I tried asking him questions about metabolic damage and different ways of training but realized I had learned more reading here than he knew or was willing to learn. I love my gym and did not want to feel unwelcome there so made the breakup as gentle as possible. Told him that I was going to take a break from training with him and work on my own for awhile. Studied the beginner training stickies here, asked some question in my journal and made a plan. It's been over 5 months, he was a little stand-offish at first but everything is okay now. I have not told him I have a new Coach. I don't say much about it at the gym. Biggest question I get from others at the gym is why I'm not doing hours of cardio anymore. :lol: Cause I don't HAVE TO. :wink:

No real rules for a journal. Whatever you want. Most people start out with an introduction of themselves. When I look back at what I learned between starting my journal (in August) and now (one month on plan) it's HUGE! Everyone here was super helpful and supportive no matter what my issue or question was. The Forum can be the biggest back up support to Erik or Amy if you choose to use it.

Good Luck. :buddies: I'll watch for your journal.