Help with legs

Discussion in 'Training' started by wannabelean, Aug 18, 2009.

1. wannabelean

wannabelean Active Member

I have stopped all quad work and now my legs seem loose. Any suggestions???
    I stopped all quad work out at Erik's suggestion for those who might wonder whay I have done this. I have very large quads and I am trying to decrease there size.

2. wannabelean

I put this in the wrong section..ops

3. Erik

Erik Admin

Aside from softening up, have you lost some size off them?

4. wannabelean

I think I have lost some. At least that is what my friend told me. I have not done measurements recently though. Should I do some plyo metrics? I do not like the loose look

5. Erik

Erik Admin

What makes you think you should be doing plyos? For what purpose?

Plyos are for power development. Are you trying to develop power?

6. sandi

sandi IFBB FITNESS PRO!!!!!

Define 'loose'.

Have you gained weight? Are you carrying more body fat?

7. wannabelean

Have not gained weight but maybe lost muscle since that is what I am trying to do.
    Erik- hoping the extra movement might tighten up the skin or fill out the muscle some. I am throwing darts into the dark hoping for something.
    The thing is I was walking on the treadmill and noticing my inner thighs were shaking and that was not like that before. Now I did take two weeks off from excercise and I was tanning in the sun the whole two weeks. Perhaps the skin damage from the sun is the problem. Whatever it is I AM NOT HAPPY with it.

8. wannabelean

After looking at pictures this am...I have deceided I look like Miss Piggy!

9. Erik

Erik Admin

Two things

1. Skin is not muscle and it's not fat - it's skin. Plyos don't tighten up skin. Are you sure you have loose skin on your legs? Email me pictures. The last set doesn't show that.

2. Fill out the muscle some - means adding muscle back; that's the only way to fill it out so to speak.

I don't think that's what you're looking for.

Is the issue just that you feel your lower body is now too 'soft' from the lack of direct work?

My suggestion would be, to keep some myogenic/neurogenic tone to the muscles would be to just do a very low volume of heavy strength work. Muscle either hypertrophies or it atrophies - that's it. The heavy weights will maintain the myo/neurogenic tone, but the very low volume will not be enough to add any size - especially in a deficit. I'm just talking about 2-3 sets of 3-5 reps of heavy quad work.

I think you can still train hams if you want.

10. Erik

Erik Admin

Whatever. :lol:

Email me so I can compare to the last set. Same bikini.

11. wannabelean

I sent you my pics earlier today.