Help me w/ my makeup, please.

Discussion in 'Competitors Corner' started by Blondell, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

I'm trying to do this as cost effective (read: CHEAP) as possible.

1)Are there any items that I can buy a different brand of other than MAC? I'm pretty sure the foundation should be MAC, but can I get away w/ a cheaper brand for other items?

2)What about coordinating makeup w/ suit color? How should that be done?

3) If any of you know about those of us w/ a bit more color (just a tiny bit more :lol3:), does tanning darken or even out? Should I get a darker foundation than normal? I've heard conflicting opinions here.

More questions to follow...

Thanks!

~~B~~

2. donnajo

donnajo Feeling Strong!

I know that you could look on ebay for some MAC makeup. It might be cheaper.

3. Patricia

Patricia Well-Known Member

Studio Gear is very very similar to Mac......
    Slightly cheaper.....
    I know they sell it at Ulta......

As for the other questions....I don't know. :(

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  4. Blondell

I see some really cheap but want to be sure I get the right thing.

5. Lyn

Lyn 2nd String Bench Warmer

Could you possibly look at some pictures of some competitors with similar complexions and just practice applying and copying their makeup look? Just a thought. :)

6. Blondell

This is a great idea! I just wonder how much the brand of the cosmetics come into play. I know that MAC Foundation supposedly matches the tanning products best. But, does that mean I'd be able to use another brand for everything else? :uhuh:

7. Lyn

Could you maybe splurge on the MAC foundation and powder and then go cheaper with the shadow, lipstick etc? Don't forget the false eyelashes to make your eyes pop ;)

8. Blondell

I'm thinking that's the route I'll go. I know I'll have to pay up for the foundation. I plan to do that. But, I don't want to spend over $100 on makeup when I don't even wear it! :ban:

9. Blondell

Now, to find out which foundation some have used. Does everyone go for the Studio Tech?

10. Lyn

You should get up early the day of the competition and go to the mall and get a free MAC makeup application, then just buy the foundation and powder for reapplications. ;)

11. Ali

Ali Senior Member

I think you can get samples of the MAC foundation on eBay. Terri has written down the right color. Actually, she has all the recommendations written down. MAC has some nice eye and lip colors...fun stuff. I remember, "Don't waste your money on expensive mascara." :lol3:

They eyelashes you can get cheap ones from any drug store...and there is glue that you should buy, too. But you should practice with that. They are hard to get on.

I had someone do mine last time...it was about $35 or something close. I don't think I will this time.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  12. Cindy Day

Cindy Day Well-Known Member

MAC is as well known for being the make up of choice for photographic reasons as much as it is for matching tanning products.

13. Blondell

:grrr:

14. andi

andi anyone selling sleep?

:lol3:

:hug:

we can practice on you in Tenn!!:nod:

15. Blondell

The 'girly-girl' part of this is killing me! I'm probably the furthest from "girly" as one could be :lol: This is madness!!

:wth: why so many colors? Who needs 10 different shades of purple for eyeshadow?

Pass me the weights! Someone else will have to do this part for me :lol:

16. Lyn

:pimpslap: Get a grip woman. This is the fun part.

:lol3:

:hug:

17. Blondell

Am I supposed to do anything as far as colors for my face to 'compliment' my suit color?

And :ban: to girly-girls! I love you all, but this sucks.

18. Blondell

I think I'm having a breakdown :lol3:

19. Lyn

When you get here, we'll just give you a paint by numbers diagram and you can just color in the blanks on competition day.

20. Blondell