Help! Breakout!

Discussion in 'Health & Beauty' started by BigDog, Aug 26, 2008.

1. BigDog

BigDog Well-Known Member

I have never had more than a random pimple but all of a sudden in the last week, I am breaking out. Not monster sized zits but a bunch if tiny little pimples on my cheeks around the nose and next to my chin around my mouth and between my eyebrows. It isn't a rash. I haven't changed anything in my skin care routine which is a moisturizer after my shower in the morning and then wash at night, salicylic acid and then moisturizer before bed.

Does this seem hormonal? How do I stop it??

2. Cara

Cara Uh-oh! I smell redneck!

Are you sure they're zits and not milia? Milia look like whiteheads but are hard to squeeze and are actually teeny cysts made up of keratin or trapped dead skin cells. Sometimes people get them after a lot of sun exposure or using heavy creams/lotions.
    Exfoliating with either a BHA/AHA or manually is probably the best way to clear them up.

3. BigDog

BigDog Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure they are pimples. They are easy to squeeze.

4. RpH

RpH I'm actually educated

A majority of the time for someone similar to you, they're due to hormonal fluctuations. A good remedy and preventive measure is to buy a pump bottle of dial soap. Pour half of it out and fill up the remaining half of the pump bottle with betadine or generic Povodine Iodine. Shake well and wash your face once to twice a day with warm to hot water. You can keep in in the shower and use it then.

5. BigDog

BigDog Well-Known Member

Similar to me, meaning female? :D

Thanks, Matt. I'm assuming I can get betadine at the local drugstore?

6. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

pure tea tree oil. dab on affected areas. great to keep on hand when you suspect a flare up coming.

7. Cara

:yeahthat: I forgot about that. I have a bottle and use it for everything! Be careful around your eyes, though. The fumes alone with make you tear up!

8. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

it's the best. Ive been using it since my teens. great for cuts too. and under the nose if you are stuffed up :lol: best of all? all natural.

9. RpH

Where do you get pure tea tree oil? I'm so hoping you don't say at your pharmacy.

10. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

:lol: no.
    Any natural health store should carry it.

11. Anca

Anca Well-Known Member

Whole Foods does too in the US. (Not sure if they're in Canada). But then again, not sure if the OP is in Canada either. :lol:

12. BigDog

BigDog Well-Known Member

I used this once before on a single pimple and it "burned" my skin. Should it be diluted? If I remember correctly, I used it straight.

13. Cara

Yes, it can burn! I don't use it full strength on myself. I put 1 drop on a cotton pad and dilute it with water to use as toner. Some people can tolerate it full strength, though.

14. BigDog

BigDog Well-Known Member

I'll try it. Thanks everyone!

15. Patricia

Patricia Well-Known Member

:bump:
    Has anyone tried this? I have both lying around my house.

Proactiv works but is too expensive and leaves my skin looking oily all ay.

16. RpH

I've never used it, but know A LOT of people who have. Like everything, the less you have to use something the better.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

a gal on another bb shared her face cleaning 'solution' it cleared up my pimples and my high schoolers.

18. Cara

It's so funny you posted this because this is what I cleanse my skin with, too! Love it!

eta: People think cleansing with oil will make your skin greasy, but it doesn't at all. My skin is soft afterward but not slick. Plus, the oil draws out oil/sebum from the pores. Sometimes I mix extra fine sugar in it for a scrub, too.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  19. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

it doesnt make mine greasy either. :)

I would like to see what the Tree T oil does on the ocassional breakouts when my whoremoans are wacked.

20. Karine

Karine Active Member

:funny: