HCG Diet

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by Marie, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Marie

Marie FITS Lifestyle

OK Erik PLEASE chime in on this one!
    have you (or anyone) heard of this diet?
    oh please do tell...

I just heard about it for the 1st time tonight...
    a friend of mine at the gym told me of it
    his wife did it for 40 days and lost 31 lbs of fat...
    Hmmmmm!
    and now he is going to do it for 2 weeks to "tweak" his body for
    some up coming events - wants to lose 20 lbs...

I am familiar with PSMF and RFL by Lyle Macdonald
    but this HCG diet seems much different

here is the site for more info:
    http://www.hcgdietdirect.com/

THANKS! :)

2. RpH

RpH I'm actually educated

No where in the entire website does it say that Dr Simeons is a medical doctor. I have sent a question to them asking for the active ingredients of their diet formula. HCG has a retail cost of around $1400 a vial. I doubt their diet has HCG and if it did, it's bioavailability from oral administration would be so poor that it would be of no benefit. I am not saying anything about how or if the diet works, but I do doubt what is in their "formula."

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  3. kirstny

kirstny Well-Known Member

I know some women at my gym that have done this. It's ridiculous.
    One DID lose a bunch, but she looks drained/unhealthy. The other woman seems to not be losing much because she can't stick to it... and no wonder! It's only 500 cals/day.

4. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

its always to good to be true. I just cant see it....

PSMF would be a better healthier deal and RFL even better..

5. jaleena

jaleena Banned

The original diet involves ordering HCG for sub-q injections. Which, as you know, isn't some magical fat torching hormone, it's a fertility hormone. The weight loss comes from a strict 500 calorie a day diet.
    As such, I don't see why the drops would be any less effective :lol:

6. Cathie

Cathie I have SFP :mecry:

I can't believe people actually pay money for this diet! :sad:

7. Marie

Marie FITS Lifestyle

on the website - This is what all the testimonial pics looked like... YUCK!

8. RpH

Their response:

Hcg- Human Chorionic Gonadotropin : Aids in the detoxification process and re-education of the Hypothalamus Gland. When our Hypothalamus gland is weak we never feel full, and fell like we can't get enough to eat and causes obesity. Protects the body from only losing stored fat, and no muscle or bone density during weight loss.

Amino acids: arginine L-Carnitine Ornithine Amino Acids are "building blocks" that make up proteins. Proteins are necessary for proper support for the brain, body functions, and all types of muscles. Amino Acids help support liver function which helps to reduce the stress on this organ system while balancing the liver of years of fatty and toxic intake. Both of these products help to build liver function and balance digestive process, helping you absorb more nutrients and therefore less hunger.

Other proprietary Ingredients include benefits such as:
    Digestion agents, Anti irritability support, lymphatic stimulates, natural diuretics, Muscle toners, nutrition and glands supports, energy promoters, cellulite dissolvers, liver support and much more.

9. Erik

Erik Admin

And your BS meter hasn't gone haywire?

31 lbs of fat in 40 days? So she created a deficit of 108500 calories in 40 days ... a DEFICIT of over 2700 calories per day. Really?

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Let's assume she was on SUPER low calories - let's say 800 per day. This would mean she's exercising to the tune of 3500 calories expended per day.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

10. Erik

Erik Admin

Oh so it's an oral supplement? Even better!

:lol:

I just assumed the 'HCG diet' had you injecting HCG.

11. Erik

Erik Admin

:lol:

12. Erik

Erik Admin

Idiots.

13. Marie

Marie FITS Lifestyle

Hench my "Hmmmmm" comment!
    I might of heard him wrong (about the 31lbs fat) but non the less...
    how WACKED is this (so called) diet?

OH and yes I WILL be questioning him more next gym day!
    and will report back what more he tells me...

but Erik have you heard of this diet before this?

14. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

I have heard of it.. there are a few signitures i see on some lc boards doing it., :bugeyes: :ruloco:

15. RpH

No, no, no, their product contains cellulite dissolvers. :laugh:

16. Erik

Erik Admin

Yes

And it's still retarded.

17. Cathie

Cathie I have SFP :mecry:

:lol3:

18. Marie

Marie FITS Lifestyle

EXACLTLY!!!

19. Lola

Lola New Member

I am brand new to this forum. Referred by Ana. I was just looking for interesting posts and I'd like to say that I have done HCG. I did it through a naturopath in Ontario. many girls i know have done it through her and she has become a dear friend. It sounds way to good to be true but with her consultationa and the research I did, it made sense to me how it would work. And I do have a background in Human Kinetics, athletic therapy and own a wellness centre. i did it for the first time in november 2008, injections (oral not a good option) for 3 weeks. start wt 157, after 3 weeks, 144..totally changed my shape. Did BIA each week and my lean mass increased, fat decreased. Continued to lose and went down to 138 but stayed around 142 for the next year. totally changed the way I thought about food. Christmas 2009...not so good a time and gained again just up to about 149 so did it again dropping to 141. been eating clean since. Sorry if thats too much info I just like to educate and dont like to hear people giving opinions from what they read on the internet, on internatinal sites/blogs etc. And cost..consult about $90, prescription $100....nothig near $1400! ANYWAY love this site and looking forward to mpre great info. Lorna (Lola)