Happy Noms- Corinne's Recipies

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by baybygirl31, Apr 12, 2012.

1. cdnmom2girls

cdnmom2girls Member

Crock pot oats RULE!!!!! :D

2. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

I :love: the slight crunchy texture the steel cut oats have.

3. jamistar77

jamistar77 Well-Known Member

I LOVE steal cut oats! Texture is awesome.. reminds me a little of grape nuts.

Corrine. Thanks, ill keep using the apple cinnamon then too. Like you said, at least its an under estimated correction and not over :)

4. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

Chocolate Peanut Butter and Banana Brownie

Had the happiest noms for lunch today. I usually eat this for M5 but I couldn't wait!

Trutein PP Brownie
    22g Chocolate Peanut Butter Trutein PP
    1 tbs. SF Chocolate Torini's syrup
    2g unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/4 tsp of each- baking soda and baking powder
    Diet Dr. Pepper (thanks Jen) to the consistency of your liking. I prolly used 1/4c. I like mine a bit more on the runny side. You could also use 1/2 tsp white vinegar and the rest water.
    -Micro for 30-45 seconds. I usually take mine out as soon as it rises to the top of my bowl. Any longer and it gets rubbery.

Topping
    13g (or your plan amt) of PB
    1T Walden Farms chocolate dip
    1T water
    -Micro for 30 seconds and stir

Add the topping to your brownie and top with 1 serving of banana. Next time I may try to cook the brownie with the banana mixed in to hopefully make for a moister brownie.

:drool:

I used the rest of my PP to have a Cinnabun Coffee Frapp.

5. ErinS

ErinS Member

Sounds Yummy! Going to try this one next!

6. jamistar77

What does adding the vinegar to recipes do? I have seen ppl cook up their meats like this as well.

7. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

The carbonation between the baking soda and vinegar fluffs it up a bit. It made all the difference in my brownie, as the first couple times I made it it came out very rubbery. The vinegar/soda helps with that.

For meat, since vinegar is an acid, it help tenderize it. :)

8. jamistar77

Thanks Corrine! Makes total sense now. :)

9. theANNAmal

theANNAmal Member

DEFINITELY trying this when I'm allowed to make sub's.

What is your fruit serving on your plan? And do you know about how many EW's are in 115g? I used to buy the liquid EW's, but now I just buy the full egg and sadly wash the yolk down the sink :sad:

:yeahthat:

10. theANNAmal

theANNAmal Member

Do you count the crushed tomatoes as a fibrous veggie? or a fruit? and do you measure your meat before cooking? Sorry for all the ?'s...

11. runningjoy

runningjoy Member

drooling..

holy smokes corinne...that chocolate, PB and banana brownie sounds delish.

can't wait to try it...i'll let you know how it tastes with Sunbutter tough :)

12. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

13. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

Anna, again I apologize. I've been MIA on the board for a while. This is my training day M4 sub meal, so the tomato would count as carbs. When I create a recipe, my goal is to get the macros as close to my original macro amounts as possible. My original M4 is halibut and brown rice.

14. Babydoll

Babydoll New Member

Where do you get fat free sugar free pudding mixes from? I have looked at the jello section everywhere and can't find it!

15. patti

patti Active Member

You Should be able to find them in the jello section. I think the label is blue, and it says instant, sugar free, fat free.