Happy Noms- Corinne's Recipies

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by baybygirl31, Apr 12, 2012.

1. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

I've never been very creative when it comes to cooking. That is, until LBC. My brain is constantly thinking of new ways to shake up my on-plan ingredients. I've been posting these recipes on my FB page as notes, but thought I'd create a thread here for everyone else to reference and hopefully benefit, or at the very least, be inspired from.

These recipes should be pretty easy to adjust to your individual plan. I'll only post recipes that I've tried and LOVED, so you can feel confident that if you like the ingredients, and have invested the time and money to make them, it will have been worth it. There's nothing worse than looking forward to making a new recipe, especially while on-plan and HONGRY, and getting stuck eating it even though it may taste horrible.

Enjoy and Happy Noms!

2. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

TIP

I've found an AMAZING online tool that helps nutritionally analyze and create customized recipes. You'll have to create an account, but it is well worth the effort. You can customize the recipes I post (or any recipe really) to fit your personal macros, and save them for future reference. It's not uncommon for me to have this site open along with the LBC Food Calculator.

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/account/index.php

Once you've created your account, to create a new recipe, go to Foods>My Recipes>Create New Recipe. Then, begin by searching for foods and clicking on "Add to Recipe" to build your recipe.

Hope you enjoy! Happy Noms!

3. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

Loco Mocos

Per Wikipedia:

Loco moco is a dish native to Hawaiian cuisine. There are many variations, but the essential loco moco consists of white rice, topped with a hamburger patty, a fried egg, and brown gravy.

This is my much healthier, but just as tasty version.

85 grams Ground Turkey, 93% Lean
    80 grams AllWhites
    5 grams Onion Soup Mix
    95 grams Rice, Brown, Medium-grain, Cooked
    Heinz Home Style Gravy- Pork. (optional) Macros below is for 15g.

1. Mix turkey and onion soup mix and form into one big patty, or 2 smaller ones, then pan fry with Pam

OR

Brown the turkey in a pan and add onion soup mix and a bit of water, then simmer for 5 minutes.

2. Top brown rice with cooked egg whites and turkey patties. Then top with gravy.

Macros: 277 calories, 26 carbs, 26 protein, 7 fat.

4. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

Italian Meatloaf

This one is yummy and very satisfying. Tastes even better when topped with Reduced Sugar Ketchup.
    Subs for my protein, fat, and fibrous veggie meal.

1/4 cup canned Diced Tomatoes- Roasted ones if you can find them
    12g Parmesan, Grated Cheese
    25g diced Onion
    1 clove Garlic, minced
    4oz. raw ground turkey 93%
    1/4 cup parsley
    1/8 tsp. dried oregano
    1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
    1/8 tsp. salt
    3 tbsp, liquid egg whites
    1/2 cup shredded carrots
    1/4 cup shredded zucchini

1/ Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
    2/ Place meat in a greased loaf pan. Drizzle with reduced sugar ketchup (optional and not included in recipe macros).
    3/ Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the internal temperature is 155 degrees. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes before slicing. It will be very moist, so slice carefully.

Macros: 298 cals, 11.9 fat, 14.2 carbs, 34.1 protein

5. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

Linda Salad Wraps

My new favorite dinner recipe, Linda Salad Wraps. Thanks to my hero, the incomparable Linda Lloyd.

Salad:

85g cooked and diced chicken breast (or you plan amount)
    55g diced avocado (or you plan amount)
    1/4 diced red bell pepper
    20g diced onion
    2 stalks diced celery
    1/2 medium zucchini- you guessed it- diced

1. Mix all in a bowl.

Dressing:

1 tbs dijon mustard
    2 tbs apple cider vinegar
    1 packet stevia/splenda

2. Whisk dressing ingredients together, add to salad mixture, and toss.

Wrap in 3-4 large romaine lettuce leaves, and NOM! A lot of taste, and I'm very satisfied when it's all gone! You could even make it a day before, as the acid helps keeps the avocado green.

Thanks LL! Enjoy!

6. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

Breakfast Bread Pudding

And it tastes as good as it sounds people.

115 g egg whites
    85g light whole wheat bread (40 cals per slice- subs for oats. I used Oroweat Light 100% Whole Wheat bread)
    60g unsweetened almond milk (subs for cals from EW)
    70g unsweetened applesauce (or fruit of your choice, amount to fit your M1 fruit intake)
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    1/8 tsp nutmeg
    1/4 tsp maple flavoring
    1 tsp vanilla
    1/4 cup water
    pinch of salt
    1/2 oz. sugar free Brown Sugar/Cinnamon or Caramel Torini syrup (optional)
    1 packet stevia or splenda (optional)

1. Cut bread into cubes and place in a baking dish. The older the bread, the better.
    2. Whisk all other ingredients in a bowl and add to the baking dish to cover the bread. If it's not fully covered, gently toss the bread mixture to cover.
    3. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes
    4. If you want, you can top with sugar free maple syrup or Walden Farms Caramel Dip.

Macros: 250 calories, 1.8 fat, 20 protein, 46 carbs

7. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

Strawberry Coconut Oat Flapjacks

Blend:

40g raw oats (or amt. per your plan)
    5 egg whites (or amt. per your plan)
    1/2 serving strawberries (or amt. per your plan)
    1/4 tsp coconut extract
    1/8 tsp. baking powder
    2-3 packets Splenda/Stevia
    2-3 g fat free sugar free pudding mix- optional. Helps thicken the consistency plus can be used to add flavor- cheesecake or vanilla would be good.

Makes 1 serving- about 6 flapjacks. I love making these ahead of time and putting them in the fridge or freezer for a quick meal on the go.

ENJOY!!

8. patti

patti Active Member

SOUNDS AWESOME! I see this on my list of things to do this weekend! (What is your typical EW and oat allowance for that meal?)

:thumb: THIS ONE IS THE BESTEST!! My FAV!:love:
    Thanks Corrine!:hearts:

9. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

5 EW, 40g oats. YES! This is definitely a Sunday morning type of breakfast. :)

10. in.the.stars

in.the.stars Enjoying this journey

Yum!! Can't wait to try these :) Thanks for sharing!!

11. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

thank you for sharing your recipes :cheat:

12. patti

patti Active Member

HOT DIGGETY-DINGDONG!! :bannana::bannana:

13. jamistar77

jamistar77 Well-Known Member

Corrine, You're awesome! Thank you for posing!

14. brooket

brooket Active Member

Thank you for this thread Corinne! You are an awesome suppport and inspiration here! :D

15. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

S-T-R-E-C-H-E-D Sweet Potatoes

Looking for a way to add volume, but not willing to sub out your sweet potatoes? This one is for you! It's also VERY easy to make in bulk for easy peasy prep.

Makes 2 servings. Based off of 150g Raw Sweet Potato in plan.

130 grams Raw baby carrots
    225 grams Raw Sweet Potatoes
    120 grams unsweetened almond milk

optional:
    30 ml Brown Sugar and Cinnamon SF Torini Syrup
    1/4 tsp Maple Extract
    1/4 tsp vanilla extract
    2 grams SFFF Butterscotch Pudding mix
    1 cinnamon stick or 1 tsp. ground cinnamon

Since carrots take a bit longer than the potatoes to cook, boil the carrots in water with a cinnamon for 5 minutes, then add sweet potatoes until soft (or preferred texture). Steaming would be ok too. Drain and add to a mixing bowl. Add milk and other ingredients and mash together until you reach desired consistency. I used my Kitchen Aid mixer to get them smooth, but you could use a blender or regular hand masher just as easily. VOILA! Results in over double the amount of your original stand-alone sweet potatoes, and just as tasty.

ENJOY!

Macros: Calories 129, Total Fat 1.1g, Carbohydrates 27.6g, Protein 2.7g

477187_3464964795486_1612004244_2848936_1133443844_o.jpg

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  16. Scarl3tbutt3rfly

Scarl3tbutt3rfly Motivated and ready!!

So I am guessing you are splitting this in half after? So this makes 2 servings of your 150g sweet potato serving?(edit: lol you said this at the top, lol I missed it :oops:)

I will have to try this. I have been making my sweet pots in slices and not mashed lately. I don't even get 150g though :( lol But I will try with what I get. Thanks!!!

17. mackie

mackie With my hero, Brigitte Gabriel

Cool! Thanks!

18. Rocky

Rocky New Member

So it's OK to use carrots & almond milk? I would have been afraid to. Is that why you reduced the amount of SP to 225? This looks great!

19. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Rocky are you allowed to use the food calculator yet?

I think the swt pots amt was PER meal x 2 meals so 300g, then subbing half for carrots/g

20. baybygirl31

baybygirl31 Member

Reminder, this recipe is for 2 servings. So, I used 1 1/2 servings of sweet pots and the rest of the calories and carbs come from the carrots and almond milk. I wanted it to taste more like sweet pots than carrots. For those of us that can sub, we can do so as long as we stay within the same calories, and the fat/carbs/protein are as close as possible to our original item.