good hair remover........

Discussion in 'Health & Beauty' started by rogmel, Jun 2, 2008.

1. rogmel

rogmel back in the game!

has anyone tried a good hair remover for the legs that prevents growth from coming back within a few days?? other than waxing.......i am going on vaca and i am getting spray tanned and do not want to have to shave every day.....

2. Neely

Neely lolz

If there's a product out there like that, then I want to know too!

:popcorn:

3. rogmel

rogmel back in the game!

crap.....i thought you would have one up your sleeve for sure!!!!!

4. schultzn

schultzn Member

fyi - the new venus gillette embrace (has 5 blades) works wonders. It keeps my legs smooth for several days, although I slather on a bunch of lotion too, but it's the best razor I've found to date...a little pricey, but my legs feel like satin.

5. schultzn

schultzn Member

Anytime I've tried to use a hair remover creme (like Sally Hansen), it always ends up smelling awful and then when I work out after using it, I sweat it out through my pores. I don't recommend them. I have a good friend who had laser treatments (pretty pricey...like in the thousands) and now she does't ever have to shave - her legs are very smooth, I was surprised with the results.

6. Neely

Neely lolz

If I'd have found something like that before this, I would have been posting about it nonstop! :lol:

I keep debating on the whole waxing thing, but it kinda scares me :scared: And I've also had some people tell me that waxing doesn't last very long before you get stubble :grumble:

7. Cara

Cara Uh-oh! I smell redneck!

I'm considering doing this. I have a friend who did it and had amazing results. I have dark hair, so even when I shave I have pinpoint dark spots because you can see the hair in the follicle under my skin. I hate that.

8. Mols

Mols My BFF

I did it once, and had stubble like a week later. :tantrum: Guess if I would have kept doing it it would have lasted longer but didnt wanna shell out the $$

9. Ananda

Ananda Member

Laser works pretty well for me. I've only had a couple of treatments so far but I have dark hair and white skin and after each treatment it takes about 6 weeks for the hair to grow back. It's pricey but worth it.

10. rogmel

rogmel back in the game!

i do not think i will ever do the waxing below the neck thing:p......mainly for 2 reasons....1. i have very blonde hairs and the out growth is not very noticeable, and 2. i keep the "nether regions" shaved all of the time(TMI) and I am past the bikini stubble phase........i mainly just do not want to shave my tan......shallow, but true!!!! i am hitting the store today and will scope out the products.......

11. rogmel

rogmel back in the game!

i have the venus, and need new blades....so i will pick some up today!! thanks!!!

12. Neely

Neely lolz

I just heard today that VEET is a pretty darn good depilitory. The gal that was telling me about it said that she can usually go 5-7 days before noticing stubble.

Man, I hope that's true. I'm gonna pick some up tomorrow! :hehe:

13. rogmel

rogmel back in the game!

me too......i did buy some sally hansen crap and am gonna try that over the weekend.......i am now on a tight time schedule since we leave next thurs and my spray tan is on wed.........

thanks!!:love:

14. linnaete

linnaete Member

I use an epilator... lasts a while and the hair grows in soft so no stubble. The only downside is it can be a little painful, sorta like getting a tattoo. I have a high tolerance to pain though! Just saving until I can get laser treatments too! :)

15. Amy

Amy Just say no to CANDY!!!

I have been debating posting this one since the first time I used it, my results we uhhh..painful. But I have since found out it was my own mistake :D

I recommend trying "Magic Shaving Powder" it says it is formulated for black men to help stop razor bumps. It works like Nair, except you can use it even on very short hair, and it doesn't smell as bad.

My mistake was I did not wait long enough. So hardly anything came off the first time, so I had patches. I ended up just waxing after that :shock: ouch.
    But this 2nd time I waited till I felt a slight "burn" and it came off perfectly fine. :thumb:

You can buy it at Walmart in the shaving section for around 2 bucks! :thumb:

16. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

I'll second the Magic shave powder. Works good but my hair grows back kinda fast so it was lke shaving for me. :oops:

17. Clueless

Clueless New Member

I'm pretty hairy. If I wax it just gets too icky waiting for my leg hair to get long enough to pull out.

I used one of these;

[​IMG]

Before I went sailing. I would say I was pretty smooth for 8-10 days. Yes it hurts until you get the hang of it.

I tried the Magic Powder (not on my legs) but on my 'mustache', I said I was hairy! and it dried my upper lip out so bad that I got vertical lines. :(

18. rogmel

rogmel back in the game!

I have never heard of this! thanks amy!!!

19. rogmel

rogmel back in the game!

so.....i tried the sally hanson hair remover, but i think my hair was too short because it did not work........and it does STINK!!!! maybe i will try this again if i ever have the chance to let it grow......with summer upon us.....i typically shave every day because i am at the pool almost everyday.........

i did buy the new venus blades......AWESOME!!!!!!!!

so i guess i am just shaving and hoping to god it does not shave off my air brush tan.......

BTW.........how crazy is it that hair can cause women so much grief and pain!!

20. rogmel

rogmel back in the game!

i have considered on of these in the past........how long does the hair have to be to use it successfully???