Food substitution calculator question

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by OneMadMonkey, Jan 14, 2014.

1. OneMadMonkey

OneMadMonkey Well-Known Member

I'm wondering how to sub potatoes for other carbs. For example, my plan says 200 g uncooked sweet potato. If I want to sub that for something like rice, how do I do that? I assume if I put in 200 g sweet potato, it's going to give me the substitution for that, but cooked sweet potato will actually be less in weight. Does this make sense?

2. Amy1984

Amy1984 Member

If you want to sub rice for sweet potato then you use the LBC calulator. Find sweet potato and type in 200g. Then select rice. It will tell you how many grams of cooked rice you get for 200g of uncooked sweet potato. The measurements in LBC take into consideration the way you are suppose to measure those specific types of foods. So oatmeal, pasta and potatoes are always in an uncooked measure and rice and quinoa, etc. are always a cooked measure. Hope that makes sense?

3. OneMadMonkey

OneMadMonkey Well-Known Member

That's great news. I wasn't sure it was inputed that way, and I had no idea how to convert grams from uncooked to cooked.

Thank you.