Fish Oil

Discussion in 'Beginner Training & Nutrition' started by blackjess, Feb 19, 2013.

1. MissyG

MissyG Member

I guess I need to buy some fish oil!

2. Leslie

Leslie New Member

I use Metagenics capsules, no taste, no burps.

3. Jen2goal

Jen2goal New Member

I pour it straight from the measuring teaspoon into the back of my mouth, then swallow. And I usually do it with a meal, so that I don't notice it.

4. IDoYouToo

IDoYouToo Well-Known Member

I use capsules that i got through GNC - is there one better than another? The bottle says 1 a day and i never have any after effect issues but my doctor wants me to start taking 4 at night as i have cholesterol issues.

5. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

LBC uses Nordic Naturals Liquid.

6. 1fitpetcher

1fitpetcher New Member

If you keep your fish oil in the freezer you won't get fish burps:happy05:

7. Lizzy

Lizzy New Member

I just ordered the Nordic Naturals in pill form. How many should I take? Also is it best to take my fish oil with my Vitamin D3?

8. Inatic

you'd have to check your labels are there are many varieties of those capsues.

What we want clients to get is a fish oil to give you a total of 1.8-3.0g of combined EPA and DHA per day. Though technically a supplement, these still have calories and you have to count them.

Currently we are recommending the Ultimate Omega liquid by Nordic Naturals as the EPA and DHA are in triglyceride form and it is relatively cost effective. ideally with it being as much as the liquid tsp provides, which is somewhere around 2400mg.

9. Lizzy

Lizzy New Member

Thank you so much for your response. How many IU's of vitamin D3 do you recommend? I was thinking about starting to take 4000. Also, does anyone know if you can get too much D in your system?

10. Inatic

Did you have your levels tested? You need to know your levels.

Different recommendations on levels. Some say 60-80.

It's fat soluble vitamin. Once established what your levels are you can consider supplementing.