Fish Oil

Discussion in 'Beginner Training & Nutrition' started by blackjess, Feb 19, 2013.

1. blackjess

blackjess New Member

Hi everyone! I received my plan this weekend and started yesterday. Today is a training day and as such, I am consuming the required fish oil, but getting the fishy burps...UGH! Any recommendations on effective "burp-less" fish oil? Thanks so much in advance!

2. Patricia

Patricia Well-Known Member

I take Krill oil now. No burps.

3. Radish8

Radish8 Member

Hi there, just received my plan as well - will start tomorrow (Wednesday). I have been using Prograde Krill Oil - haven't experienced any "fishy burps".
    Also, the health food attendant mentioned using liquid form as well to avoid the fishy burps.

4. lesliemirinda

lesliemirinda Member

Yup--try krill, liquid or just switch brands -- they don't all do that--IMO :)

5. Emma

Emma Member

I don't get the burbs with Krill either

6. Tarla

Tarla New Member

I will have to find Krill oil. I just take some from whole foods now, I don't remember the name. It's the size of a horse pill though!

7. novamt

novamt Member

I remember seeing the fish oil info on the FAQ page but that link in my email no longer works with the new website and searching FAQ didn't work. Can anyone remind me what the EPA/DHA dose for each capsule is assumed to be? Thanks!

8. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

ea capsule and brand is different.
    one aims for recommended dosage is 2-3 gr. of combined DHA/EPA per day.

9. patti

patti Active Member

Question regarding fish oil vs chia seeds.
    Was having a discussion this morning about fish oil, and someone said they get the burps from fish oil. Another person said chia was equivalent to fish oil when it comes to the omegas.

Anyone?

10. Inatic

I think i'd ask E that if you're wanting to sub it.

11. mcbell

mcbell New Member

I know this is an old thread - but what is a good way to consume my liquid fish oil? Do I just down it in one, or would it be better to add it to food in some way?

12. csworen

csworen Well-Known Member

Lol. I hate fish oil. I take it down, hold my nose, and chase w coffee or something. I seriously hate it. I tried to mix w food but it over powered everything! I would be interested to see other ppls advice too.

13. Inatic

The Nordic Naturals liquid is the most cost effective. I dont find it tastes all that offensive so i just throw it back too. There are some capsules you can take via that brand but they are not as cost effective in price and you have to take more.

14. mcbell

mcbell New Member

Thanks Ileen - that is the liquid stuff I have - will try it out this afternoon.

Thanks for the replies!

15. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

That's what I use, Ileen. What's the correct amount to use?

16. Inatic

1 tsp

17. OneMadMonkey

OneMadMonkey Well-Known Member

I use it too. It has almost no taste at all.

18. Lolinlolera

Lolinlolera New Member

Glad I found this thread. Today was my day 1 and I was dumb enough to mix it with my food. Let's just say lemon and peanut butter do not mix. Will throw it back tomorrow for sure!

19. csworen

csworen Well-Known Member

I did that too the first time, but w yogurt! GROSSSSS! Lol

20. kataq1

kataq1 New Member

I started using it for a couple of days now, it's not that taste, it just doesn't sit well in my stomach.
    :sad: