Fighter diet?

Discussion in 'Beginner Training & Nutrition' started by MamaGG, Feb 19, 2012.

1. MamaGG

MamaGG New Member

Anybody familiar with the fighter diet? I've been following it for several weeks and I like the volume of food but there are basically no grains/oatmeal etc , carbs are only from veggies, but lots of them.... One thing I've noticed is leaner look and more muscle but no change on the scale which is frustrating but I'm learning the LBC way of thinking when it comes to the scale ;)

2. Erik

Erik Admin

I really am going to have to pass on commenting on this one for fear of aggravating myself. :lol3:

3. MamaGG

MamaGG New Member

Well, I value your opinion but ok

4. Scarl3tbutt3rfly

Scarl3tbutt3rfly Motivated and ready!!

I follow Pauline Nordin on FB, mostly because she is INTENSE and I like sometimes reading her thoughts lol.

I would say there are things I wouldn't follow regarding it. Mostly, I don't believe in no carbs except veggies, I don't care how many you are eating. But the carb sources aren't optimum for energy for the body for workouts and optimum function. I know she does refeed, but I still don't agree with that. COMPOUNDED on top of that, she does WAAAAYYYYYY too much cardio with no carbs basically. It can lead to a disaster waiting to happen (ie metabolic disorders). She follows this nonstop, and she doesn't give her body ANY of breaks from all the overtraining she does. She is obsessed with her bodyfat to the point of craziness sometimes.

Also alot of her muscle gain happened before she got this way. She had base of muscle before she got to this level. So I don't think a new person trying to put on muscle is going to gain much training this way. Which I've noticed she sometimes does say that, but I think the message gets lost in there. I honestly have not read any of her ebooks, so I only know about her diet training from what I read on her FB or blogs. I'm not sure for most people though it is something that can be maintained longterm. Which for longterm weightloss and maintenance I think you need, something that you can maintain longterm. Just my opinion.

I do think her physique rocks, although it looked better a couple years ago.

5. Gary

Gary Well-Known Member

Her FaceBook feed is pretty funny, she's feisty.

6. Askinner11

Askinner11 Active Member

:yeahthat: I can't help but laugh at some of the craziness she posts!! And who wants to eat a POUND of cabbage?!? :shrug:

7. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

well maybe if she quite eating so much cabbage(its goitrofic /slows DOWN the thyroid) then she might not need so much cardio!

She is an interesting character though..

8. Scarl3tbutt3rfly

Scarl3tbutt3rfly Motivated and ready!!

Oh! That is good to know, didn't know that!!! I love cabbage...:(

9. Milenka

Milenka New Member

Hi Guys! I'm new in the LBC forum but had to jump in on this thread because FD is where my dieting issues and carb phobia started! I followed for about a year and I lost a little fat and built some muscle along the way, but I felt like I was in a yo-yo cycle. The refeeds led to crazy overeating and then carb deprivation and cravings the other days....and feeling like I'm weak for wanting oatmeal LOL. Not to mention what she has coined "veggie belly"- constant bloat from pounds of veggies and fiber supplements like wheat bran, oat fiber, and psyllium husk. The concept and ebooks are pretty vague and just based on Nordin's experience and hardcore approach. Definitely not maintainable long term, in my experience, but I did take one positive lesson from it and that is to fill up on veggies (just not 3lbs in one sitting) ;)

10. MamaGG

MamaGG New Member

knew i would get good answers here :) i do feel bloated all the time and at first it felt really good to just be FULL :) but i can tell my body isn't reacting to it well.... i will keep some of the concepts as far as adding more veggies to my diet and i definately have gotten more adept at new ways to cook cabbage haha.... i added oatmeal back in this morning and whole eggs for more fat.... thanks everybody!!

11. Erik

Erik Admin

Bloat is NOT something to work through. It is a negative reaction in your body that you're not meant to tolerate. It is your body talking to you, and as I always say, you need to remove the offending culprit before your body starts yelling you instead. It can create larger issues.

Some vegetables are worse than others for different people. You have to basically follow an elimination mindset/diet.

12. mackie

mackie With my hero, Brigitte Gabriel

:yeahthat:

13. Celig7

Celig7 New Member

I bought one of her ebooks. After looking at the quantity of veggies she recommends that you eat in one day, I said no thanks! I'm looking for a lifestyle change and I definitely would not be able to follow her nutrition plan long term.... heck, not even for one day!

14. meganh

meganh New Member

Oh I tried it for a week, and my god my stomach looked nine months pregnant and the pain!! I think is was just fibre overload, but really put me off eating that way ever again :((

15. ErinLeigh

ErinLeigh Member

I am in the hormonal mess I am because of an approach almost identical to fighter diet (it was pretty much the same thing, but it was of my own devices, I didn't know about fighter diet until years later)...the bottom line? DON'T DO IT!

16. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

we're not rumment. We cant digest all those veggies.

17. chrissy

chrissy New Member

When I was on a high fat/high protein/low carb diet, I bloated heaps towards the end...I became intolerant to anything "not on plan". Erik is right...it is your body's way of saying something is up. But since I have introduced a more balanced diet, the bloating has gone...It takes some time but you will get there

18. Kiwi

Kiwi New Member

I read about it once, mainly because I liked her figure. But um yeh, nah. I don't know why people need 'diets' to be so extreme and hardcore

19. mimo

mimo New Member

This has happened to me and others aswell. The more restrictive the plan is, the more you bloat when you "slide" a little...

20. srnka6

srnka6 New Member

Thanks for posting about her diet , I bought her book it was on sale but still expensive :sadface: , I didn't like her diet at all , I knew I would be bloated and sick eating this way . I was wondering what people are thinking about her style . I think she is doing it and promoting herself because of money . It is all on FB and lot's of people are curious and will buy her books . She is Constantly working on promoting her diet :scratch: