Fibrous Veggies: is there a list anywhere?

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by jills, Jul 18, 2008.

1. LTrubenbacher

LTrubenbacher Member

I have started incorporating them back in (1/2 cup oats at breakfast, 1/2 cup post workout and 150g sweet potto), i have reduced the amount of green vegetables im eating but i can still easily eat 200g with my other meals.. Guess i should just switch to spinach lol

2. theANNAmal

theANNAmal Member

Does anybody use no-sugar added marinara/canned/diced/crushed tomatoes? If so, would you sub it for fibrous veggies, and what would you consider to be a serving? I am allowed to start subbing next week and am already planning my meals lol

3. hilary

hilary New Member

I'm just 2 weeks into my plan and I have spaghetti squash on my list of fibrous veggies. I love spaghetti squash but I've been holding off since I'm used to eating it as a carb. Is anyone else eating it regularly as their veggie?

4. GirlyNYmama

GirlyNYmama New Member

I was so excited to see spaghetti squash on the list. Can't wait to have some with lunch tomorrow :)

5. Jetta

Jetta New Member

Wha.... Now I'm confused. :(

6. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

you can have a sm portion as your fibrous veggie choice.
    Can also be subbed for a carb portion in larger quantity using the substitution calculator.

7. Jetta

Jetta New Member

Thank you! :)

8. Amy1984

Amy1984 Member

THESE THREADS ARE SOOOO HELPFUL! I was wondering about fibrous vegetables and substituting and what vegetables could be substituted for carbs, etc. I google searched my question with the acronym "LBC" and saw this thread. I read through the entire thread and my question, plus many more questions that I didn't even know I had, were answered! Such a great resource! Thanks everyone for asking questions, and thanks to the coaches and ones who know best for the helpful answers!

9. Amy1984

Amy1984 Member

Hi Ileen! I think I remember reading the answer to this question somewhere but now I can't find it...If done correctly (calories, carb count, ect) Can a fibrous veggie (specifically green beans) be substituted for a carb (specifically white rice) for more volume?

10. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

green beans for rice, no.

11. Amy1984

Amy1984 Member

Okay :) thanks for the quick reply.