Fibrous Veggies: is there a list anywhere?

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by jills, Jul 18, 2008.

1. stephm2010

stephm2010 In Motion

Speaking of fibrous veggies.... I know a lot of you don't add them into your carb counts (correct me if I'm wrong) but do you count the calories into your daily totals? The more I drop calories, the less I want to count them :cheat:

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

a few SMALL servings arent counted. lettuce and spinach, are 'free' (unless your me lol.. then the breaks are on :lol: )

3. stephm2010

stephm2010 In Motion

Thanks again Ileen. Very helpful as always. :hug:

4. Shannaks

Shannaks This seat's taken

You would love my garden. We are growing a ton of lettuce. It's so good

5. Inatic

omgosh, i bet! :yum: :drool: LOVE veggies and salad.

6. AMPip

AMPip Member

i thank the good lord daily for braised spinach. So delicious and amazing.

7. Shannaks

I throw a handful of spinach in my protein shakes. I feel like Popeye drinking my spinach. lol

8. AMPip

AMPip Member

That's hard core. What flavor protein are you using?

9. Erik

Erik Admin

You can't taste spinach AT ALL in protein shakes. Might change the colour, but nothing else.

10. Inatic

True. Didnt add any to my eggs yesterday am so i threw in a sm handful in my pro ice cream.. Tasted naught..

11. Shannaks

Vanilla and I use pineapple as my fruit and add in a little coconut oil for my fat. I call it a green-ya colada. ha ha I have a vitamix so it really blends up well. You can 't taste the spinach at all. This is one of my favorite shakes. My kids love green smoothies too

12. AMPip

AMPip Member

I officially need to take the plunge and invest in a vitamix! They are amazing and that shake sounds pretty bomb!

13. stephm2010

stephm2010 In Motion

Please don't :ecw: but, let's talk some more about fibrous veggies.. I have been counting them. Carbs and cals, because I don't know how much counts and how much doesn't.. But doesn't the body count them?? When I add up my veg counts it really adds quite a few carbs and cals to the daily totals. Btw I had an awesome nearly all veggie dinner tonight. Also what about the protein it adds... ? I count it.. Am I short changing myself on complete protein?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  14. Inatic

:bitch:
    KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!

:D

if you eat abt 2-4 c of veggies a day..you should be fine to not count. Lettuce/spinach doesnt count either.

15. pinkgloves

pinkgloves I SHALL NOT FLAG NOR FAIL

I agree...I add frozen spinach to my shakes and you really can't taste it. give it a try :weightlift2:

16. NCKate

NCKate New Member

I started w/ an LBC plan in March & I'm learning a ton... soaking it up like a sponge & taking in as much as I can from everyone! There's so much to learn!

Just last week I found this thread and saw that spinach is "Free?" WHAAATT!! How did I miss that?!? I'm loving it! I even took a leap of faith and added it to my shakes... you're right!! YOU CANT EVEN TELL!

I love the idea of spinach being free, but I was wondering.... do I really not need to count it at all? I can truly eat as much as I want?

17. Inatic

Your plan says that in the notes?

no you cant truely eat as much as you want.. Be reasonable.. but 3 cups of lettuce/spinach is like 20cals and ton of fiber..

18. NCKate

NCKate New Member

It doesn't say that in the notes, but I told Erik that I was on the lean bodies forum and saw someone post that spinach & lettuce was "free." I asked if that meant that I could have spinach whenever and he said that right now, yes I could. :)

I wasn't sure if "free" foods were part of specific plans for some clients- wasn't sure if maybe it was something for some people and I had no business even asking about it. It was interesting that you can't even taste it in protein shakes! Pretty cool!

19. hoopinjenn

hoopinjenn The Penis Genius

I'm such a blonde that I thought the only time I could eat veggies was for meal 4 on my off days when it's written in to my plan. :oops: Yes I saw the note about fibrous veggies being free, no it didn't click in my head. This may explain my sudden lack of energy, I was used to having spinach almost every morning with my egg whites! Smacking myself upside the head with a big ol D'OH!

20. Inatic

only spinach and lettuce are 'free' broc etc are per indicated.