Everything for EFFECTIVE training

Discussion in 'Beginner Training & Nutrition' started by shedevil, May 1, 2006.

1. shedevil

shedevil New Member

2. kelster

kelster ...

are there any links or websites that show visuals of how to do various dynamic flexibility movements? im having a hard time figuring out some of them...

3. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

Go to coreperformance.com and sign up for a free trial membership.

You'll find vids of movement prep exercises in the resources section.

4. kelster

kelster ...

Thanks Smuggie!!! YOU ROCK!! :thumb:

5. kelster

kelster ...

im having trouble locating these - can you give a more detailed location?

thansk!!

EDITED AGAIN.... so i found the videos but im having a hell of a time finding the ones that erik outlined.... :scratch: :confused:

6. Erik

Erik Admin

7. Renee

Renee New Member

I agree Magnificent Mobility is a great reference for flexibility and training older clients

8. patriciaann

patriciaann Active Member

ouch! "older"? (that's me of course!) but don't you think it is good for you young folks, too? I workout at a university gym and I am amazed when I look around how inflexible some of the students are.

By the way if you or anyone is on the fence about spending the $, it is truly well worth it. the version I got had a nice pdf file that came with it that I printed out and carried around with me when I was just getting the hang of it. Good stuff!

9. Erik

Erik Admin

Absolutely.

MM is not for older people. It is for anyone and everyone since mobility issues in the various soft tissues is most certainly not restricted to older individuals.

A 24-yr old who sits all day at a desk will have more issues than a 40 year old who never does.

The upper body version - Inside Out - is also excellent. As is the new compilation product - Assess and Correct. If I were to buy ONE, it would be this last one.

10. orbie

orbie Failure is NOT an option

Since I have been doing these mobility exercises, I have seen major increases in my range of motion AND flexibility. I can notice things in normally daily living....like shaving my legs....I can move my leg a LOT further up than before. I can grab my shoulder blades from a hugging position. I can even do a full seated ham stretch touching the toes. I was NEVER able to do that. These exercises have been a blessing and I do them religiously everyday.....even on my day off!!!!