Do you use gloves when lifting?

Discussion in 'Training' started by Nana, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Nana

Nana Rockin' teh bangs

I'm currently deciding on which ones to get, thanks!

2. Leah

Leah Well-Known Member

gloves = :gay:

I don't see how anyone can even lift w/ gloves...you can't feel the bar and it sure a heck doesn't help w/ grip

plus...they make you look girly :pinkdumbbells:

:p

3. jaleena

jaleena Banned

Don't wear gloves!

I admit to owning some, but that's for emergency use only (like I've ripped the last bit of skin from my hands and need to finish my workout/do a workout the next day). I've used them all of once. If something's that bad, we'd tell you to rest, anyhow.

4. Feather

Feather Member

:oops: I wear gloves to keep the cheese grater finish on the bars from stripping the skin off my hands. They are just a cheap pair I picked up at Target, breathable material with a thick leather palm, they work well.
    I like calluses on my hubby's hands, not on mine, and I'm sure he appreciates feeling like he is being touched by a woman and not another guy. :lol:

5. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol:

I fully agree :shh: no gloves.

6. Erik

Erik Admin

:thunder:

7. Strive2Define

Strive2Define Banned

I suppose I am gheigh then because I do wear gloves but it only makes me as gheigh as all of the guys in the gym because they all wear them too.Does it keep me from getting callouses? No but it does help. I figure just because I lift heavier than most guys in my gym, doesn't mean my hands have to look like it. :p

8. Bravogrl27

Bravogrl27 Miss Congeniality

No gloves here, just big callouses. I feel like a kid again, reminds me of when I'd get blisters from the monkey bars.

9. marshmaven

marshmaven New Member

I have a couple pairs of gloves. They always seem like a good idea, but I've never gotten through a full workout before I had to take them off. I can't feel the bar and I can't grip the bar while wearing them.

10. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

yes gloves are important to me. i don't want "man hands" :sad: :lol:
    and i use valeo.

11. Gazelle

Gazelle studying

I am damn proud of my calluses.

12. Brandi

Brandi old school

Calluses make me feel more bulky.

And I like all that shit. No gloves.

13. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

I like to touch my man w/ soft hands, I don't think rough ones would go over well.

14. Erik

Erik Admin

Nice avatar.

15. Fet

Fet The FAT Fet lady's singing....

Gloves make my hands sweat, and I end up with a rash (I have excema). But I have very sensitive palms <insert joke here> so I use those square rubber grip things. I don't care if that makes me ghey, and yes, I do need to work on my grip. The nice thing is I only use them when I need them - I don't have to keep taking gloves on and off.

16. Mandy

Mandy Hulkamania is runnin' wild

Yup. Call me a sissy or whatever you want, but I get the job done with my girlie gloves with softy hands and tootsies. :lol:

I just got some random pair that fit my tiny hands at MC Sports or Dicks Sporting Goods, no idea what brand they are. They were white, they are now brown. I need a new pair.

17. Robben

Robben Well-Known Member

During the late Spring, Summer, Fall months I'll not wear the gloves... However, during the Winter cold season I'll put on the gloves... Germs who needs them???

18. JJ29

JJ29 BBB member

I wear some Nike dry fit ones that you can get at Decathalon or sports authority type stores. I love wearing gloves because I feel like I have a better grip and my calouses do not become uncomfortable.

19. Patricia

Patricia Well-Known Member

I use these Nike gloves I bought from Academy. I used to not wear any, but got horrible callouses. No thanks. My b/f trains w/o any and his callouses are so bad that when he runs his hands over my skin he scratches me! :finger:

20. Feather

Feather Member

This is the best part because then people underestimate you and it's twice as fun to see the reactions on their face. :p
    And just because you don't have calluses doesn't mean you can't knock their teeth down their throat when the need arises. :lol: