Do you IF?

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by Texaschick, May 12, 2014.

1. Texaschick

Texaschick Member

I started intermittent fasting last November and am really loving how IF has made staying on track so much easier for me.
    I am curious if anyone else uses IF and what protocol you follow. So far, I am loving it, but I'm always open to new ideas.

2. Emma

Emma Member

Hell no, I'd go crazy and end up over eating, more power to you if it works for you but I need my regular meals.

3. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

I wouldnt call it IF but I will often delay eating my first meal til very late morning on weekends or days i'm not teaching preschool. I dont have a 'window' to get my meals in though. just tend to not be hungry in the am though i wake very early.

4. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

What made you try it?

5. Emma

Emma Member

I do this too, compliance is easier for me if I skew my eating to the latter part of the day

6. csworen

csworen Well-Known Member

I do this as well. I am up super early, so it helps spread my meals out more. Although, I am hungry in the morning :( I just know it helps me in the long run throughout the day!

7. cathymp

cathymp Well-Known Member

Thank goodness Ileen. I didn't know how to answer this as I do the same as you. It's so hard for me to eat early in the morning.

8. Texaschick

Texaschick Member

I have done 6 meals a day for years & I was tired of always prepping food. IF has gotten a lot of buzz latelu, so I decided I would try it for a week & see how I felt. I didn't even tell anyone at first, because the idea of skipping breakfast just seemed SO wrong! After a few weeks, I started pushing my first meal back. I started eating at noon originally, but over the holidays, I started eating at 4pm.
    Now I eat all of my calories between 4:00pm & 9:00pm.
    For me, it works beautifully. Zero prep, I LoVe feeling full, & I enjoy a big, healthy meal with my family.

9. OneMadMonkey

OneMadMonkey Well-Known Member

I couldn't do it. I have sugar issues. I would be an insane person if I didn't eat regularly. Plus, I'm never hungry. I have the metabolism of a snail. Sometimes I have to force down my meals.

10. Maggieb14

Maggieb14 Member

I could never IF because I look forward to each and every meal (way too much), but with that said, on "rest days" I do combine my M4 (afternoon snack) & M5 (dinner) into one big meal, but only b/c I get up later on those days. I must say that I do love that it's such a big meal at one sitting.

11. stephm2010

stephm2010 In Motion

I don't do it, but I think I could if I really wanted to. I am fine all morning. A little hungry at first, but it goes away. Once I eat around 10:00 A.M. I am freaking starving the rest of the day. I am just pretty set in my ways as far as my own habits go, so I haven't experimented much. I also wonder if I just ate upon waking, if hunger levels would be better throughout the day. I used to do that, but can't remember how if it were different. It's been a long time. I assume not, because I am sure that is what led me to delaying meal 1 in the first place. :ruloco: