Disordered Eating Support Thread

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by BigDog, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Doyle

Doyle New Member

Don't know about you guys, but seeing remnants of binge (like crumbs, wrappers, pizza boxes....) the next day can trigger even more for me. I find it much easier to get back 'on plan' (whatever it may be) if I clean my kitchen thoroughly asap.

2. callison

callison New Member

I have read a lot on this thread and find it very interesting. I have binge eaten for over a year now to the tune of about 25 lbs of body fat. It really sucks to go to the gym now, when I used to have the physique that everyone there envied. Now, I am sure they are all thinking WTH happened to her? I don't even look like someone who works out anymore - I just look like the average run of the mill chubby girl. So yeah, in regards to stopping the diet, how am I supposed to get these 25 lbs off? I can't just go on with life an be happy being fat. I am even in the "overweight" category now, so I even have my health to think of.

3. Oduwe

Oduwe Member

SAme here...

4. hilary

hilary New Member

I just read Brain Over Binge after reading about it in this thread. It was a very interesting perspective. A little hard to implement, but very insightful.

5. Amy1984

Amy1984 Member

I just finished the book Brain Over Binge too! I found it on the thread with recommended readings. I wouldn't ever classify myself as Bulimic or having Binge Eating Disorder (BED) but I have a history of battling with binges and purging (in the form of intense exercise the day after eating a high volume of food). I found the book very interesting. The author wrote about her life as a Bulimic in a way that I could relate to. She didn't sugar-coat the feelings or thoughts she had around her binges and throughout the book I found myself thinking "wow, that's just like me" or "crazy I do that too." For me an indulgence or cheat will lead to an "out-of-control" binge where I eat everything I've been depriving myself of. I'll eat past the point of being full and I'll eat numerous things -- 5 cookies, a handful of chips, 2 slices of pizza, whatever! Though my binges are not often it feels like every time I cheat or indulge it ends up leading me to binge. There were a few key things I took away from the book that I think will really help me as I move forward. I recommend the book to anyone who has ever had "issues" with food he/she wishes to overcome. I highlighted parts of the book that made me understand why I think and feel the way I do about food at times, and made me realize that restricting food and restricting calories and labeling food as good/bad really screwed me up when I was younger, and made my brain form an unhealthy relationship with food. But I also realized that I have the power and control to change the way I view food and that if I'm mindful about it I can cheat and indulge and not binge. It's a great read. I recommend it.

6. chrysalis1

chrysalis1 No Matter What

It has been a while since I have been to the forum , and so happy about all honesty in this thread, glad to be back!

7. tammyp

tammyp New Member

where can I fond the list of suggested books?

8. Is anyone an LBC client who fears free meals? Just started with LBC this week and as excited as I am about free meals-- I'm terrified of bingeing and not being able to jump back on plan again

9. Arajkowski

Arajkowski Active Member

I've been there. Have you read the FAQ about free meals?