Disconnect b/w Stated Goals and Commitment to Them.

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by Erik, May 24, 2010.

1. KKKRRR

KKKRRR New Member

OMG that first picture scares me!!!

2. Erik

Erik Admin

There's real wisdom in here. :lol:

What good is a plan if you don't follow it right?

3. carla

carla Member

Great post...I have the same thought. For me, it has nothing to do with the coach, following the plan, etc. It is a matter of clinging to what was rather than what is. I will always love to train and I love Erk's training, but the "was" of getting on stage, I just think I was clinging to something that is no more a part of me. It was such fun before..but life is not static and it has changed. Maybe I was not wanting to part ways with it as well.. Great thread :)

4. 4EverFit

4EverFit New Member

I completely relate to where you're coming from. I am finally getting my Mojo back after losing my dad and dealing with a host of health issues! Energy is coming back from optimizing my thyroid levels and dealing with the gluten intolerance along with the adrenal fatigue! My will to work harder, train harder, and get better has improved greatly! It's great to have the drive, the will, the strength, and the determination back!

Thanks to you Erik for being so understanding when you knew why I didn't have it in me and why I lacked compliance and dedication. You are an amazing trainer and have definitely been a God send to me!

I am looking forward to the making more progress over the next couple of months and am excited to see what the new year has in store.

• Like Like x 2
  5. pixie

pixie Well-Known Member

This is a spectacular analogy.

6. Jobine

Jobine Member

What an enlightening thread!

7. Marathon Girl

Marathon Girl Member

I too can relate to this thread. It is not easy to be 100%. You almost have to have tunnel vision at first, only looking ahead to your goals and how you will achieve them. I used to put this much energy into marathons. Now with a recovering torn tendon in my foot I am turning to Erik. I finally feel ready to apply the focus that I used to have when all I would chant to myself was Boston, Boston. Learning that there is a better way to get lean is exciting and motivating. I am sure that this new found focus wont last forever and my motivation and determination will have to come from the knowledge I gain here and with Erik. You all are so inspiring that it does help a recovering cardio junkie see the light. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Welcome marathon girl! Speedy recovery to that tendon.

9. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

:bump: