Dieting Breaks

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by Erik, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Erik

Erik Admin

What's the longest 'dieting break' you've taken? By dieting break I am not necessarily referring to a 'caloric deficit break', but just a break from this whole 'fitness eating' thing.

:lol:

Basically, what's the longest you've gone without adhering consistently to some sort of plan (whether an actual plan or a 'plan' to meet a goal)? Where you just sort of eat, eat on plan for a few days, eat off plan, blah, blah.

For me, I've had a few periods where I've been really on track for a couple weeks, but for the most part, I've not really put too much effort into things since my dad passed away this summer. So what's that, like 4 months?

2. Cathie

Cathie I have SFP :mecry:

I went two months when I herniated my disc. :dry:

3. Sohee

Sohee working on the bikini body

I'm taking one right now... sort of. Half the time, I do follow a plan. :D The other half of the time is simple intuitive eating.

I'm trying to learn balance and what it means to enjoy food... instead of becoming anxious and shoveling it all into my face as fast as I can (binging).

4. toese

toese Lovin running in 2 day relays

Yikes! Mine was about 2 yrs straight while being pregnant and then a year after being pregnant. I got FAT!!!!

Besides that probably a couple of months.

5. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

4-5 months here.

6. Erik

Erik Admin

As a follow up, what was your incentive to change/get back on track, with consistency, etc?

7. mamaj

mamaj The Recess Monitor

My goal at the moment is to just maintain while still having a life. I basically eat well during the week and relax on the weekends. Usually by Monday morning I'm ready for healthy food again! LOL!

I did take a break for about a year when we first moved into our house.
    I was just so sick of being sore from w/o and protein shakes and bars; I was fried!

8. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

I'm kinda still on my 'break'. :lol:

I'm not eating crazy amounts of anything, but I am definitely not eating in the way that many consider the 'fitness' way of eating. I'm eating some of everything in moderation. Today was a decent day and, tomorrow, I make no promises on how my eats will look. :funny:

9. Cathie

Cathie I have SFP :mecry:

Looking at myself in the mirror. :lol:

10. mamaj

mamaj The Recess Monitor

:ditto:

11. Scarl3tbutt3rfly

Scarl3tbutt3rfly Motivated and ready!!

Honestly, the longest Ive gone without being on some sort of plan...was like 2 days since Ive started, and that has usually been only after a show, in reality, it may be only one. I usually eat on plan, and then on occasion have a treat, or a cheat meal, but I usually eat on plan. I get all of anxious when I dont, and Ive been doing this so long, I dont even know how to eat like a normal person :/ (which may be good, but maybe not also) .

12. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

how long since you started doing this?

When i started my journey 6-7yrs ago it had been yrs on plan other than a bfl free day or previous coach ordered (both part of a plan) Since working with Erik the last 3.5yrs) the most i've taken has been a week or two (diet break) otherwise, er none. :oops:

13. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

:yeahthat:
    I took about 6 months added 40lbs and then knew it was time to get back in to shape.

14. Patricia

Patricia Well-Known Member

Ditto.

15. Marie

Marie FITS Lifestyle

UGH... Last Summer... I would eat mostly on plan (eating and workouts) during the week then on the weekends I would eat good thru the day but allow myself to drink especilly if we were up north at our Cabin... then the Choc/Carmel/Ice Cream (heck anything gooey and sweet) MUNCHIES would set in at night... by Labor Day I gained 10lbs of FAT... I was feeling gushy, sluggish and my clothes were getting tight... so Sept 8th I started back "on plan" ... I haven't drank (alcohol) since and only had a few cheats! Happy to say I am down to approx 16-18% BF and feeling GREAT!!!
    I will NOT "allow" myself the same thru the Holidays - I PLAN to drink and eat goodies(selectivly) but knowing too much will set me back AGAIN!!
    "Key Word" is PLAN... and not ALLOW myself...
    makes a difference for me and my physique!

Thanks for reading! :)

16. toese

I got so fat that when I walked in to the Lane Bryant store for my 1st time (big women clothing store) I over heard the 2 sales girls talking and they were asking each other what their favorite fast food place is.

DING DING!!!! I walked right out of that store and got a gym membership the next day and did spinning classes 4 times a week. I lost 30lbs in 3 months!!!

17. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

:blink: I think I would walked up and punched them how rude

18. Cass

Cass Well-Known Member

:huh:

19. toese

Well they were fatter than me. I just couldn't believe they were discussing what their favorite fast food places are.

20. jills

jills Make yourself strong

I went on food holiday from July 4 until a few weeks ago, so that's about 3.5 months. I stopped working out consistently a bit later in July, so say 3 months for that.

I gained weight, felt crappy, and had to buy bigger jeans.

Broke out the tripod to take new "Before" pics on October 18 and am back at it. I'm not doing any specific program, am just eating less and moving more, trying to build my fitness back up. My weight is inching down slowly, and i'm not rushing it. :wave: