"Dessert" hummus

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Sunshine, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Sunshine

Sunshine over-caffeinated

2. kirstny

kirstny Well-Known Member

I was looking at something like this the other day...

Interesting...

3. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

:drool:

4. Cheri

Cheri New Member

The pictures look incredible. I may need to invest some time with my blender!

5. Shannaks

Shannaks This seat's taken

The pics look awesome but I love my hummus savory. Can you taste the chick peas in these sweet versions or are they masked by the other flavors? Not sure if I can wrap my head around sweet hummus but I wont knock it til I try it!

6. glassmmam

glassmmam Well-Known Member

YUM I bet any of those combinations would be awesome. We've been making "black bean" brownies, so using black beans for the chocolate or cookie dough would work well also.

White beans ... mmmmm - I am def trying the PB this weekend :)

7. Sunshine

TBH-I have not used chick peas in a sweet application. I have many times made black bean brownies as was mentioned, and I have used white beans in coffee cake, cookies, and yellow/chocolate cake with excellent results. It's just perception ;)

8. Inatic

9. laurawd

laurawd Well-Known Member

10. Sunshine

11. glassmmam

:yum: :yum: :yum:

I was going to let others be in charge of my mom's meal on Sunday, but uh, I'm thinking mexican w/a finish if this concoction ;)

~~~~~~~~~~
    We did make the cookie dough and the chocolate hummus last weekend ... of two kids that tried it, 1-(mine) knew it was something else - he thought I'd used coffee IC :lol: but his buddy ate almost all of the cookie dough flavored.

The chocolate they both liked, but for me it was like crack! It kind of grows on you and it was hard to stop. Just realized that instead of honey I could have just used Maple Syrup. And I didn't have nut butter, so used plain old Jiff pb.

12. Alexdanf

Alexdanf New Member

This looks amazing! :yum:

13. Sunshine

Please do let me know what you think if you try it! I know it will not be on the agenda for me for a little while.

For the dessert hummus, I've been using liquid stevia for sweetener, and a splash of almond milk if needed for consistency. I also halved the recipe for one serving at a time for portion control ;) I've made it with both pumpkin and butternut squash puree so far. It's pretty forgiving to mix and match.

14. NCKate

NCKate New Member

i just saw a recipe for cookie dough hummus the other day as well!! i was thinking i could make it on plan as part of my PWO! yuuum!!

15. glassmmam

:lol: I picked a different tried/true GF chocolate decadence for today instead ... La Bete Noire, mainly cuze I had the ingredients.... super rich, so it will be shared w/neighbors and co-workers ;)

16. mackie

mackie With my hero, Brigitte Gabriel

Yeah, it sounds kind of odd to me too. But I'm willing to give it a try.

17. Sunshine

18. ncfarris26

ncfarris26 Nicole

Ohhh wow. Those look yummy.

19. Inatic

yes!

Hmm

20. Sunshine

Right?!?!

I already have zucchini chocolate chip cookies planned to bake this weekend, or they would definitely be on the weekend agenda. Next weekend :laugh: