Decent PP that can be bought at GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, etc?

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by nappynana, Jun 1, 2007.

1. nappynana

nappynana New Member

Hey everyone:

I am going to run out of PP today. I've been using Dymatize Elite but want to try something new. I ordered some PVL online in anticipation of running out, but it's not going to get here for another week. Thus, I have no choice but to buy small container of some PP to get me through the next 7 days.

I like to order PP online because it's cheaper and rarely buy in-store, but will do a store run today after work.

It seems like I only see the better PP online - never in a store. Does anyone know if you can buy PVL at GNC, etc? Is there another good brand that I could get in GNC, Whole Foods, Vitamin Shoppe?

Thanks!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cris

Cris I Can Do This!

I don't know about good brands at GNC, but whatever you do don't buy Isopure!! That is what I bought from there and it is disgusting!

3. Cathou

Cathou Well-Known Member

OR any GNC PP brands! :barf:

4. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

i think Vitamin Shoppe has Whey Gourmet or PVL. Can't remember which.

EDIT: They also have Syntrax (Syntrex?) Nectar. Fruity flavor PP. Not shake like. It's ok.

5. MicheleSC

MicheleSC Currently doing nothing

Vitamin Shoppe has Dymatize, but only certain flavors. I don't think they have PVL Whey Gourmet. I do think they have Syntrax Nectar (as kiwi said) because they gave me a sample. They also have Champion Whey which I think is decent, but I have seen some comments here from people who didn't like it. I tried chocolate.

I think GNC might have Whey Gourmet - you could call and ask them :shrug:

6. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

I like the GNC banana pp.

7. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

do you have a Trader Joe's nearby? they have smaller containers of Designer Whey - not bad...not great though.

8. straitshooter

straitshooter Active Member

GNC is actually a decent supplement shop (albiet they are grossly overpriced)...but they carry just about every line...and what they DON'T have in stock, they claim they will order and have it for you the next day.

I use so many powders it's ridiculous...but i have their gold card so sometimes if i am lazy and want my powder NOW, i will buy from them...most recently i bought Vyotech's ORYX goat whey.....it only comes in vanilla and choc and it is pretty decent. not out of this world, but it's good and easily digestible and supposedly is the 'perfect protein'

9. Ana

Ana Think back...Move forward

I bet you don't have more powders than me :lol3:
    I'm a freak

10. Gary

Gary Well-Known Member

Interesting, I love IsoPure!! What flavors did you try?

11. Brandy

Brandy Refreshed

Isopure Zero (chocolate) is one of my faves EVER!!!

They also have a new one called "Amplify Smoothie" I think that is :drool: X 10. Tastes like creamy chocolate milk. :yum:

12. Mizuno

Mizuno Needing Discipline

The Amplify from GNC is good. The Mint Chocolate is my favorite!

13. jlb001

jlb001 www.fitweardesigns.com

I use the GNC brand when not in comp preps.

14. Ali

Ali Senior Member

I use the GNC chocolate/caramel...it's Pro Preformance. :shrug:

15. Lingerie Lady

Lingerie Lady Face Your Fears!

Okay, I'm hijacking the thread, just how many containers of pp do you all have? I have 3 open here at work and I have 8 opened containers at home. Have my favorites of course but dip into the others occasionally which is why there are all opened.

16. donnajo

donnajo Feeling Strong!

I get the Amplify by GNC. The chocolate, cookies n cream , and the chocolate mint are very good.

17. jackieleigh

jackieleigh is back at it ;)

I like the GNC banana too..

18. radgirl

radgirl Give me da candy!!!

When I could drink it, GNC was just fine. If you go to VS website, they have a whole array of PP, just about anything you want to chose from.

19. TEACHK

TEACHK Well-Known Member

Vitaminn Shoppe, Trader Joe's...

Elite Whey French Vanilla mixes easily - great with frozen berries or frozen banana.

20. Cris

Cris I Can Do This!

We bought a box with a variety of flavors...it had vanilla, strawberries n' cream, dreamsicle, and peanut butter chocolate. The only one I can stand is the PB choc with my CC and PB as my last meal of the day. I have strange taste buds, so it might be just me?? :(