Curious

Discussion in 'Mindless Banter' started by Ana, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Ana

Ana Think back...Move forward

I'm just wondering, is anyone finding it hard to stay focused (for those of you dieting or maintaining) through the holiday season?
    Do you expect to gain a few pounds or do you plan to go through this mth clean as can be?
    I'm finiding it VERY difficult and can't wait for this mth to be over :(
    I guess I'm finding out what I'm made of this month :oops:

2. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

I don't have problems staying focussed. But I have no life. :lol3:

3. char-dawg

char-dawg Mr. Observant

Nailed it.

4. 3sweeties

3sweeties Well-Known Member

I started back to fatloss the first week of December. My pants were starting to be pretty snug after my bulk, so I'm finding it easy to stay focused. So far only one Christmas cookie. I'm going to enjoy Christmas eve and day. :hehehmn:

5. Ana

:huh:
    I think it's psychological even if I hibernate I know it's the season for chocolate and yummy baked goods and it's like i'm salivating and always find myself thinking about it. Any suggestions? you lifeless ppl :p

6. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Sure is tempting.

Even tho Im on a bulk, i still feel like I'm "dieting: You still cant go and eat whatever KWIM.

That said, I personally have a will of iron. Im not so easily tempted by all the goodies and treats I see flying around this time of yr..

It is hard Ana and your not alone.

7. Michael_70

Michael_70 Learning to Live Again

Not too tough here actually. One or two little setbacks but I am possessed to break a hurlde so I just adjust accordingly.

8. Ana

Thanks Ileen I find myself getting super depressed

• Like Like x 1
  9. nikegurl

nikegurl Mindi O'Brien in my avi. :)

I'm hanging in there without too much trouble...but that could be due to the fact that I ate like a pig in October and early November - so i'm still stuffed. :oops:

10. Inatic

:console:

Well you can try turning it around.

Instead of looking at it and feeling deprived, you can look at it as a choice. Your chosing to do this, because it's part of a long term goal.

Are you at maintaince yet? Perhaps you can stay there longer/thru the holiday season? Maybe work in a few extra free meals?

11. demille

demille Feeling lost....

Aww, don't be depressed! If there is something you want but can't have, can you just put a bit in the freezer for when it fits into your diet?

12. Ana

Yes I'm a maintenance but it's like you said I can't just eat whatever I want.
    I know it's a choice I'm angry at myself because I'm feeling this way. Last yr at christmas I ws fine, but then again I ws big had just started back to the gym and ws full of determination. After all this work don't ask me why the hell I'd want to let it all fall by the way side :ban:

I'm on track just struggling that's all

13. 3sweeties

3sweeties Well-Known Member

Maybe you should spend a day baking and sampling your favorites and make gifts out of the goodies you made to give away. Kind of like getting it out of your system. One day of wild abandon in the eating department won't set you back to much.:hehehmn:

14. Ana

I can't even say that there is something per se that I feel I'm missing I don't know what the hell is wrong with me. Thanks AJ

15. mackie

mackie With my hero, Brigitte Gabriel

The holiday season? Lordy! I have trouble with my diet year-round. I think its just an obsessive, compulsive need to always be putting something in my mouth. Hey! Maybe it would be easier, if I had something more entertaining, to keep my mouth occupied. :naughty:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ana

Not me i could go for mths. :(

17. lynn

lynn Psst...I know The SECRET

I won't binge on junk food..but I desire more good carbs..but will not over do it..I am too damn focused on the end result!

18. Ana

Bwhahahahaha good call :clap:

I need to do something about that :scratch:

19. Ana

Awesome, I need to hear things like this to remind myself why I'm here in the first place thanks.

20. Inatic

Is there something more tied to the holiday? Like someone or something your missing, a tradition etc. Perhaps your overlooking something like that and it's just getting perceived differently?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2006